Jump to content

BFMD 2020: Draft Thread


Reginaldm9
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think someone like hunt would be the exception. He’s a top 10 RB who happens to be a backup right now. If we go by fantasy stats then sure I could see that being a risky move. But if it’s just pure talent and roster fit a player like him would be better to have than someone who starts but is an inferior player. 

I think that makes the drafting process a ton muddier. If we're going off of theoretical fits then what's to stop someone from taking a player holding out or on injured reserve and saying "well it didn't happen in our universe". I'm cool with a system that weighs both production and votes or them as separate entities altogether, but deciding that one or two players should be evaluated in a complete different manner is an ultra slippery slope. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I think that makes the drafting process a ton muddier. If we're going off of theoretical fits then what's to stop someone from taking a player holding out or on injured reserve and saying "well it didn't happen in our universe". I'm cool with a system that weighs both production and votes or them as separate entities altogether, but deciding that one or two players should be evaluated in a complete different manner is an ultra slippery slope. 

I'm totally thinking the same. I personally have been drafting with a strategy based on the scoring system. Now to tweak the system, like we just did with the coaches scoring is one thing, but to make subjective voting a major factor is a bit different.

Otherwise, some of us, me for sure, would have drafted entirely different.

What I'm hearing described sounds like one of those build a roster with 15$ and players are in tiers of 5$, 4$, 3$, 2$ etc ... Then you vote on whose team looks best.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I'm totally thinking the same. I personally have been drafting with a strategy based on the scoring system. Now to tweak the system, like we just did with the coaches scoring is one thing, but to make subjective voting a major factor is a bit different.

Otherwise, some of us, me for sure, would have drafted entirely different.

What I'm hearing described sounds like one of those build a roster with 15$ and players are in tiers of 5$, 4$, 3$, 2$ etc ... Then you vote on whose team looks best.

So long as we incorporate some measure of success other than simple stats, I am good with whatever. A shutdown CB doesn't accumulate a lot of stats, but they sure as hell are very valuable, for example. I am good with what everyone else decides. I have simply been trying to build what I think represents the best team possible.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, shoffma1999 said:

So long as we incorporate some measure of success other than simple stats, I am good with whatever. A shutdown CB doesn't accumulate a lot of stats, but they sure as hell are very valuable, for example. I am good with what everyone else decides. I have simply been trying to build what I think represents the best team possible.

That's why pff grade factors into the player's grade. The system that sexy beast FatGerman made tries to factor in both stats and player grade.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What we've done here is taken Fantasy to a whole new level by drafting and factoring in whole rosters, incorporating player evaluation grades and postseason success, and weighting the scoring toward the legitimately most valuable positions on the field: QB, Pass Rush, CB, LT, and playmakers in terms of TDs and turnovers.

It's not perfect by any means, but it's the most comprehensive fantasy system I've personally seen.

It's something I've been dreaming about and cultivating for a very long time.

Edited by Fatgerman
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I say production and post season awards count for a seeding system. Then the teams get placed into a bracket and voted on by a committee that isn’t involved here. Invite people from GM mock draft sub to come and vote on the teams
 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I say production and post season awards count for a seeding system. Then the teams get placed into a bracket and voted on by a committee that isn’t involved here. Invite people from GM mock draft sub to come and vote on the teams
 

That’s a solid compromise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...