Nick's All-NFL Rebuild Draft - Discussion Thread

Nick

5 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

Works for me! 

I'm obviously ready to go whenever we want to get a draft thread up and a roster thread up too!

Will be up momentarily. You're welcome to kick us off whenever. Assuming you go the way I expect, I'll need some time to decide. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

I did wanna throw out the idea of a ABBAB draft.... I probably should have done it before the order was selected. But it is something to think about. With the top of the draft being so top heavy with QBs. 

99% sure that is how it is

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

I did wanna throw out the idea of a ABBAB draft.... I probably should have done it before the order was selected. But it is something to think about. With the top of the draft being so top heavy with QBs. 

That's a snake draft right? That's what we have always done.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Blue said:

Not doing a snake draft would be fun. If we only have 12 teams, as we appear to at this time, then I'm not convinced a snake draft is even necessary tbh.

I'm drafting in the first half so I'm all for this.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

That's a snake draft right? That's what we have always done.

No what I’m referencing has is a little different. The team that picks last, picks 1st in the 3rd round. To help eliminate the top heavy balance. Then the draft plays out as normal. 

33 minutes ago, Blue said:

Not doing a snake draft would be fun. If we only have 12 teams, as we appear to at this time, then I'm not convinced a snake draft is even necessary tbh.

Absolutely no way I would be in favor for this lol makes no sense. Every team at the beginning of the draft has a clear advantage haha 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

The argument being Mahomes + 24 and 25 is better than anything you will be able to compile at 12 +13 and 36. 

Flip side. Mahomes + 24 and 37 is much more equal to 12 + 13 and 25 

I genuinely don't believe there's such a huge gap between the best QB in the league and the 12th-best QB in the league to warrant that, but okay.

I think it makes some sense, but then you'd have to think that picks 2-6 would be much more disadvantaged in that scenario as they dont get Mahomes and pick later multiple times. I do think it makes it more difficult, especially for those picking 10-12 and open to maybe other options of maybe evening things out?