TNF: Bears @ Packers

Herbie_Hancock

1 minute ago, strat1080 said:

He's normally like the 2nd or 3rd leading rusher on the team and has even led the team in rushing TDs a few years. There's a handful of games a season where he's the team's leading rusher. So its not that far-fetched. The Packers have been pretty lousy at running the ball most years and Rodgers props their stats up because he rushes for about 20-30 YPG himself.

Saying he's about to become a top 5 RB isn't that far fetched? lol

Just now, K9 said:

If you're Fox, do you pull Glennon?  

Yes, because you have Trubs. I've advocated against sitting Hoyer in the 49er forum, but I don't think the situations are entirely comparable. One, I think Hoyer > Glennon, but two, our backup rookie is a third round reach who quite simply isn't ready. You're spending the #2 overall pick on a quarterback, you have to get him some time at some point. I'm not even saying you have to make the move for the entire season, but at least get him in there and see what you have and see if him stepping into the starter role is possible. Also, the Bears offensive line isn't bad - I'm a believer that experience will teach better than anything, and I only prefer sitting a guy if your offensive line is a complete mess because I do think that it's possible to ruin a kid behind a bad offensive line. 

Just now, Malik said:

Packers score again and Mitch HAS to come in right?

I would have to think so. Down 28 zip with your QB responsible for 3 turnovers.

If they leave Glennon in they're saying 2 things...

We're not even gonna try to win.

As bad as Glennon is playing, Trubisky doesn't give us a better chance.

2 minutes ago, Malik said:

Packers score again and Mitch HAS to come in right?

They better not. Throwing him into a losing situation like this on prime time while having noone to throw too will kill any and all confidence that he built up in the preseason. 

They're better off just riding out the season with they're 30 million dollar garbage. 

Just now, patriotsheatyan said:

I thought that his being a check down king meant he rarely turned it over and sustained drives.

Nah, that's "game manager". This is like the bad version of game manager. It's the type of quarterback below game manager, inefficient downfield thrower, turnover prone downfield thrower. Its slightly above Josh Freeman. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nah, that's "game manager". This is like the bad version of game manager. It's the type of quarterback below game manager, inefficient downfield thrower, turnover prone downfield thrower. Its slightly above Josh Freeman. 

I believe Charlie Whitehurst is the comparison you're looking for ?

Just now, Forge said:

I feel like it's a shame that Miller was never fully healthy throughout his career. I think that he would have been a great one. 

He was really good in Oakland for awhile. Unfortunately we had the worst QBs in the league the whole time he was there

Archived