TNF: Bears @ Packers

Herbie_Hancock

56 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

from what I've watched, both these teams look incredibly mediocre to me.

Green Bay will get better once some of the guys come off their injury list. I'm not sure the Bears can get better even if/when they bench Glennon.

Next 2 games @Dallas and @Min should give a better indication of where Green Bay is at.  I though they looked pretty dominant tonight against a Bears team that has given quality teams some trouble.  The 4 turnovers did help of course.

9 hours ago, strat1080 said:

And Aaron Rodgers gave Danny T a piece of mind and Danny T was just simply jarring with him and showed no concern for the well-being of Adams.

What is he supposed to do? I hate this line of thinking. It happens all the time where a guy takes a knee immediately or goes to try and check on the guy he hit and the hurt players teammates go an chastize the guy or push him away. Trevathan is in a no win situation there. I honestly don't think the hit was dirty at all. Just incredibly unfortunate as Adams decided to go down at the wrong time. He goes down 1 second earlier and Trevathan misses. He goes down 1 second later and Trevathan hits him square.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah, they should have. It's an easy and obvious penalty. Literally a textbook flag.

Doesn't matter where he was aiming. That same hit to the chest is a penalty as well.

If it's a flag when going to the chest it's simply because of Trevathan accidentally making contact with the crown of the helmet. And yes, it is entirely possible to do so and happens a lot.

31 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

What is he supposed to do? I hate this line of thinking. It happens all the time where a guy takes a knee immediately or goes to try and check on the guy he hit and the hurt players teammates go an chastize the guy or push him away. Trevathan is in a no win situation there. I honestly don't think the hit was dirty at all. Just incredibly unfortunate as Adams decided to go down at the wrong time. He goes down 1 second earlier and Trevathan misses. He goes down 1 second later and Trevathan hits him square.

Agree. Do I think it was very necessary? No. But no chance that's it's a dirty hit or he was aiming for his head. Brutal hit. 

34 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

If it's a flag when going to the chest it's simply because of Trevathan accidentally making contact with the crown of the helmet. And yes, it is entirely possible to do so and happens a lot.

Accidentally...right.

Two applicable rules have been quoted in this thread already that are germane to this play.

It's an obvious rule infraction.

20 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Accidentally...right.

Two applicable rules have been quoted in this thread already that are germane to this play.

It's an obvious rule infraction.

Liked this post just for the usage of the word "germane" 

48 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Agree. Do I think it was very necessary? No. But no chance that's it's a dirty hit or he was aiming for his head. Brutal hit. 

He wasn't aiming for anything because he couldn't see a damn thing. When Davante was first wrapped up he was probably 10 yards away, he sprinted over there, lowered his head and decided to deliver a kill shot. Do I think he internationally wanted a helmet to helmet shot? No, do I think he went there to use the crown of his helmet to deliver a kill shot not caring where it landed on Davante? Yes.

It was a dirty play, everyone around the NFL sees it. He recklessly went in there blind to take out some frustration on a player that was clearly not going anywhere. There was nothing clean about his intentions.

41 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He wasn't aiming for anything because he couldn't see a damn thing. When Davante was first wrapped up he was probably 10 yards away, he sprinted over there, lowered his head and decided to deliver a kill shot. Do I think he internationally wanted a helmet to helmet shot? No, do I think he went there to use the crown of his helmet to deliver a kill shot not caring where it landed on Davante? Yes.

It was a dirty play, everyone around the NFL sees it. He recklessly went in there blind to take out some frustration on a player that was clearly not going anywhere. There was nothing clean about his intentions.

He was going low which is why he led with his helmet. He didn't have to lower his head. He could've just hit him any how. He was going for a blow that would hurt and just knock him down. 

Its not dirty to me. Unnecessary? Yeah. Cheap? Debatable. Dirty? Heck no. 

Granted I was not watching the game - or rather got to see 10 minutes total of it - but what is this "taking frustration out" argument? From clips, the Packers were only about to go up 28-7 at max. In a game where the Bears really could've made it 21-14 at one point...

6 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

You think he was aiming for the head? 

You can see that his launch point was for the chest/numbers area and it was just bad timing. 

The refs didn't even throw the flag initially 

It looked pretty intentional to me. Seeing it differently is understandable, however... at least in terms of intent. The hit itself was obviously not okay.

51 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

It looked pretty intentional to me. Seeing it differently is understandable, however... at least in terms of intent. The hit itself was obviously not okay.

No way he was aiming for his head. You don't launch yourself that low if you're aiming for the head and I'm not comfortable making that leap with a guy who has no rep of it. Bad timing that's it. I'd be annoyed if he was suspended honestly 

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I agree with this. Not only did Trevathian put Adams in jeopardy, but also himself. Tackling 101 is to ensure you see your target all the way thru to the ground. You never lower your helmet, ever. You're straightening your spine when you do as well. That's blatant ignorance of fundamental heads up tackling and you're putting everyone else on the field, and especially within the pileup, in danger when you launch yourself with the crown of your helmet like a blind idiot. 

38 minutes ago, Carmen Cygni said:

I agree with this. Not only did Trevathian put Adams in jeopardy, but also himself. Tackling 101 is to ensure you see your target all the way thru to the ground. You never lower your helmet, ever. You're straightening your spine when you do as well. That's blatant ignorance of fundamental heads up tackling and you're putting everyone else on the field, and especially within the pileup, in danger when you launch yourself with the crown of your helmet like a blind idiot. 

Yep. That's why it's a penalty regardless of where Adams got hit. It is a particularly egregious penalty because of where he got hit.

Archived