Browns General Discussion

candyman93

6 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We’d have to sacrifice someone in order to afford him. With baker Chubb Myles and ward all coming up. 

Are we really signing Chubb to a monster deal?

As great as he is, he’s probably here 3 more years unless he signs a team friendly deal.

33 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Are we really signing Chubb to a monster deal?

As great as he is, he’s probably here 3 more years unless he signs a team friendly deal.

If they are going to be such a run heavy team, Chubb is going to get paid. You’re a run team with one of, if not the best RB in the league. You can’t just let them walk. 

really comes down to how Baker and Chubb work together. Might have to sacrifice WRs to have both of them on big contracts 

24 minutes ago, buno67 said:

If they are going to be such a run heavy team, Chubb is going to get paid. You’re a run team with one of, if not the best RB in the league. You can’t just let them walk. 

really comes down to how Baker and Chubb work together. Might have to sacrifice WRs to have both of them on big contracts 

Or they draft a new RB.

I have no idea what they will do with Chubb. I could see them not paying a runningback and I’d completely understand it.

On the other hand, I could see them paying Nick, drafting WRs and letting Jarvis / OBJ be replaced.

Hell they could do what the Broncos of the 90’s did and just keep your offensive core together for as long as possible.

I think it’s also crazy to assume Baker is getting big bucks.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I have no idea what they will do with Chubb. I could see them not paying a runningback and I’d completely understand it.

in the modern NFL I’d be somewhat shocked if they actually paid him, and it’s no knock on him.

26 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think it’s also crazy to assume Baker is getting big bucks.

idk man, we spent a lot time looking for someone even remotely competent, which I think Baker is.  Like, 30 years.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Or they draft a new RB.

If he establishes himself as an absolute stud in Stef’s scheme and cements himself as the best back in the league. How do you let him walk? If he was maybe flirting with being a top10 back you move on from him but how do you walk away from him if he is the best back in the league and the key piece to your offense. You have no idea how successful the next guy is going to be. I don’t think he is going to be like a Bell was. I think he will prolly ask for top tier money and should be fine paying him that. 

31 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It took us 20 years to finally draft a stud RB. It’s not that easy. 

22 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Exactly. You can’t really replace a top3 RB

Ok, sell me on the big contract for a rb.

How many who’ve received a big contract have lived up to it?