Browns General Discussion

candyman93

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Listening to 92.3 yesterday, they were talking about a media person who threw out the idea of OBJ+3rd rd pick for Jamal Adams. 

what would your thoughts be? Personally, I really like OBJ but I would do that deal in a heart beat. I feel like the browns could make a trade to get a legit #2 WR than a legit starting safety. Like make a move the 9ers did to get Sanders. 

Now I remember why I don’t listen to sports talk shows anymore. 

• Like 4

My thoughts are that there is nothing to talk about on the radio with sports not really going on so they have to come up with stories. At least the lead on Mike and Mike at 6 AM isn’t a documentary series right now, but it’s definitely slim pickens. I don’t know how many straight days you can talk about a Michael Jordan documentary for four hours. A lot, I guess is the answer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NateDawg said:

My thoughts are that there is nothing to talk about on the radio with sports not really going on so they have to come up with stories. At least the lead on Mike and Mike at 6 AM isn’t a documentary series right now, but it’s definitely slim pickens. I don’t know how many straight days you can talk about a Michael Jordan documentary for four hours. A lot, I guess is the answer.

I've pretty much sworn off of sports radio, and have transitioned almost exclusively to podcasts.

Really enjoying one called "True Crime Garage".  A couple of guys from Columbus that do craft beer reviews and then talk about true crime.

Heading into 2020, I want this team to have an identity and stick with it. I’m assuming it’s a team that just wants to out score the opponent.

If this offense explodes like it *could* we might do something crazy like resign Kareem Hunt and let other dudes on defense go. 

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Heading into 2020, I want this team to have an identity and stick with it. I’m assuming it’s a team that just wants to out score the opponent.

If this offense explodes like it *could* we might do something crazy like resign Kareem Hunt and let other dudes on defense go. 

Idk. It might be harder to plug and play on defense than it is offense. It be nice if Hunt re-signs  this offseason and we get him lucked up and we re-sign Chubb. Browns should be able to change out the WRs. While it’s time to change out the RBs, the WRs should be ready to carry the load a little bit while the RBs get replaced.

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Fun fact, Eagles will have -50 million in cap space next year. They haven’t signed their rookies yet either.

That’s right. NEGATIVE 50 million. Howie kept kicking their salary cap can down the road.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/philadelphia-eagles/

Nfl cap space is fake. Every year teams look like they’re gonna have nothing then following year. Just move some money around, cut some players and redo contracts. They’ll end up with like 20M+. Happens every year. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, buno67 said:
32 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Idk. It might be harder to plug and play on defense than it is offense.

Strongly disagree on that.

Offense is heavily reliant on chemistry. Defense is “see ball, hit ball.” 

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Offense is heavily reliant on chemistry. Defense is “see ball, hit ball.” 

Please tell me you don't seriously believe that.

There is a ton of communication and trust involved on defense that develops with time. Simple gap and coverage assignments rely on chemistry and understanding when to stay in your lane and when to cover for someone else.

19 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

Please tell me you don't seriously believe that.

There is a ton of communication and trust involved on defense that develops with time. Simple gap and coverage assignments rely on chemistry and understanding when to stay in your lane and when to cover for someone else.

Please don’t tell me you seriously believe that defense needs more chemistry than offense.