Browns General Discussion

candyman93

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Fact is that this is a "make or break" season for Mayfield, Ward, Njoku, Ogunjobi, OBJ, Williams and others.

If they all "make", we should be pretty damned good.

As depressing as this sounds, in my mind I can honestly see everybody except Mayfield and Ward being traded, let go, and released.

I think Sheldon Williams gets cut.

I can see Larry being let go, but that is entirely dependent on if we sign Jadeveon Clowney.

OBJ and Njoku are my prime trade possibilities even if they do well.

18 minutes ago, braylon said:

Baker is getting extended. To very big money. It would take a monumentally bad season from him for anything else to happen. 

I think that you can absolutely say that about picking up his 5th year option, but I don't see how you could say that he's getting a big money extension if he replicates 2019 again.

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I think that you can absolutely say that about picking up his 5th year option, but I don't see how you could say that he's getting a big money extension if he replicates 2019 again.

He certainly hasn't earned an extension yet and honestly it shouldn't be on the radar yet. He was put in a bad position last year but you don't gain anything from failing while being in a bad position.

I feel like Stef has taken things a lot more serious and it has rubbed off on Baker. I don’t think Freddie was like that. It is a combination of what happen last year and Stef taking over. 

im glad to see that he has taken it a lot more serious. Glad he is being a better leader compared to last year. It how it should be, glad we are seeing growth

• Like 1

This offense is so player-friendly for QBs, RB’s, OL, and TE’s. It’s efficient and does not need elite talent to make it work. Jarvis and Odell might see less targets than they’re accustomed to, but they’ll also be winning more and playing within a great system. If they turn into headaches, we can cut ties and allocate that money elsewhere. However, I don’t see that being a problem. I think everyone is going to be thrilled with our offensive production. 

Defensively, I think will be ok. I’d feel much better if we had another edge rusher (Clowney, Griffen), but even without them, this unit is going to be great. 

51 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

He certainly hasn't earned an extension yet and honestly it shouldn't be on the radar yet. He was put in a bad position last year but you don't gain anything from failing while being in a bad position.

Yep.  We’ve got 3 more seasons to get a deal done.  There’s no need to make the decision now. 

Let’s see how things go with Cletus out of the picture and a much improved OL.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

This offense is so player-friendly for QBs, RB’s, OL, and TE’s. It’s efficient and does not need elite talent to make it work. Jarvis and Odell might see less targets than they’re accustomed to, but they’ll also be winning more and playing within a great system. If they turn into headaches, we can cut ties and allocate that money elsewhere. However, I don’t see that being a problem. I think everyone is going to be thrilled with our offensive production. 

Defensively, I think will be ok. I’d feel much better if we had another edge rusher (Clowney, Griffen), but even without them, this unit is going to be great. 

I suspect we will invest a lot of draft picks into the defense the next 2-3 years. Like how Denver did starting with Von. 

The offense is “built” pending Baker. So a lot of assets should be invested into the defense.