Browns General Discussion

candyman93

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Strongly disagree on that.

Offense is heavily reliant on chemistry. Defense is “see ball, hit ball.” 

You go look at the Titans, they plug in a new, better QB, week7, and Tannehill looks like he has been running that offense forever. He couldn't have built up that much chemistry with the starters that quickly to be that good. They were "Run the damn ball"

We have seen when a team has a legit QB, you can plug and play the weapons around him. Steelers have made a huge living, letting top WRs go in one way or another, bumping their #2 to #1 and plugging that #2 with someone new. Pats have been doing that for year. Packers and Rodgers have been able to go through so many WRs.. Outside of the Pats, teams with  nasty defeses have to go out and acquire a big name to help improve the defense because they tried a plug and play and it didnt work. Ravens did it last year in the secondary, it failed, went out and immediately traded for Peters. They tried to plug and play LB last year and it bit them in the butt, hence why they draft Queen with their 1st pick. Steelers have been strugglign to find a legit safety, went out and traded for one of the best in the game. Like I feel like the Texans and Watson, might not skip a beat after trading Hopkin.

If you had an All-pro defense core or an all-pro offense core, I would choose to keep the defensive core together first over the defense. Hell, Seattles defense hasnt been the same since their core fell apart, but their offense has been just fine with Wilson 

When you have a legit offensive coach and QB, talent around the QB is plug and play. We have seen some legit defensive coaches struggle when it comes to replacing some major defensive talent. I would much rather build a legit defense for the Browns and keep those guys together and to rotate the weapons for Baker

• Like 1

13 hours ago, buno67 said:

I can see ESPN now...

Newton signing with the Pats. Newton and OBJ worked out together. Should the Browns trade OBJ to the Pats? OBJ told Pats to "COME GET ME" in 2019

Swear I was thinking the same thing.

You KNOW it’s gonna be mentioned on ESPN.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Swear I was thinking the same thing.

You KNOW it’s gonna be mentioned on ESPN.

Now they are reporting that the Browns reached out Newton...see it now. 

new FO isn’t confident in Baker. Reach out to Newton, Newton said no

31 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Now they are reporting that the Browns reached out Newton...see it now. 

new FO isn’t confident in Baker. Reach out to Newton, Newton said no

Yeah who knows what is true but it may have been an offer to compete with Keenum as backup which isn't very enticing. Much better option to compete for the starter's position in NE.

I really don't think we're trying to find a replacement or competition for Baker, that would be silly. Now if we're having this conversation next year then yeah it's time to take it seriously but currently I can't see them being anything but 100% behind Baker as our starter.

I'd be willing to bet that Baker outlasts the head coach that takes over for Stefanski.

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

so apparently we spoke with cam.  That had to be before we signed case right?

Before Case or after Case, does it really matter?If this is in any way true, doesn't the optics make it look as if the Browns don't trust Baker 100%?  If you have "complete" faith in your quarterback, why would you even hint at bringing in a player that can be a serious threat to his job if he falters in any way?  Everyone knows Keenum is just a backup but a healthy Cam is totally different.

Peace!!!

12 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Before Case or after Case, does it really matter?If this is in any way true, doesn't the optics make it look as if the Browns don't trust Baker 100%?  If you have "complete" faith in your quarterback, why would you even hint at bringing in a player that can be a serious threat to his job if he falters in any way?  Everyone knows Keenum is just a backup but a healthy Cam is totally different.

Peace!!!

No one knows how healthy Cam is. Great insurance policy, great trade asset if another team sees their starting QB get hurt. Should also send a message to the teams they are planning to win no matter what. Also who knows what has been said truly.