Browns General Discussion

candyman93

One source said he believed it's likely that teams will go to camp with 80-man rosters, and another source said it's "definitely not 90." A third league source said he has "heard lots of discussion about 75 players potentially instead of 90," especially with the reduction in preseason games and teams not needing as many players for camp as normal.

There also are increasing questions from league sources about whether camp can start on time with the number of coronavirus cases around the country spiking.

The NFL also is considering expanding its practice squads to 16-20 players in the event of a coronavirus outbreak; if there were one, teams would have a deeper stash of players to activate to play games.

I feel like the NFL wanted this regardless and it will be permanent.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 2

David Njoku couldn't even make it at UPS gtfo

We got players buying so much into their "potential" that they've never achieved.  I love the Stefanski hire but it does make me wish we had a Mangini to throw these clowns out for 11 special teams only guys.  I'll take 5-11 for the culture.

Edited by Rod Johnson
  • Like 1

Albert Breer of SI.com reported Thursday that "one agent told me on Wednesday that a team exec leveled with him recently, and said they wouldn't allow for a deal to be finalized because the owner feared the season could be canceled (if the pandemic worsens) and he didn't want to pay out cash he may not be able to recoup."

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Why

He was a real d last year, before during and after the game. I was a fan of his prior to that. Seems he just may not be a fan of Cleveland but he getting close to 40 so his career is probably over pretty soon, he has started 5 games over the last 2 seasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If you can get a 3rd for him you take it without even thinking who the other team is. 

Iirc that would give us 3 in the third round.:)

Would be shaping up as a Patriots draft for us.

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If you can get a 3rd for him you take it without even thinking who the other team is. 

Yeah I don't see a 3rd happening. He is young and has 2 years left so in a normal year they might get that but with uncertainty of how this season will go whether it is abbreviated or incomplete it may take his value down some and a 3rd would probably be best case scenario under normal circumstances.

I think a player for player trade may be the best route, maybe someone like Gabe Jackson if we are worried about RG. Not that they need a TE, just an example.

Edited by Thomas5737
  • Like 1

Considering if you talk trade for Njoku

After 2018 you would have had to offer north of a 1st round to get him he has not dropped that far.

Also if he rebounds and is on his rookie contract then your looking at real trade capital

Stefanski future lies with improving Njoku