Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I genuinely like Njoku and would love to see him in Chicago as a focal point of that offense.

However, I fully believe Harrison Bryant will be a stud as well.

He has played like a solid 2nd te at best. I agree with LGB, his best football is a head of him, he just has a very long road a head before he is consistent enough to that. 

Heck learning off Hooper, who is a far superior player with half the talent might be the best thing he can do for a year. 

If we are going to trade him it needs to be for a 2nd next year not a 5th this year 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

He has played like a solid 2nd te at best. I agree with LGB, his best football is a head of him, he just has a very long road a head before he is consistent enough to that. 

Heck learning off Hooper, who is a far superior player with half the talent might be the best thing he can do for a year. 

If we are going to trade him it needs to be for a 2nd next year not a 5th this year 

You’re setting yourself up for disappointment.

Is there any way that Berry just says no to a trade and just have him play this year + walk next year for a comp pick?

I mean if he sits out, he won't get a credited season right so why not just not do a trade and hope he comes around once live football action gets closer unless its a really good offer.

I hate trade requests because it screws the team twice. One for being almost forced to get rid of a good player and again because you almost never get equal value back since everyone is lowballing the team. There has to be some sort of negative consequence from the players side of things to stop this crap from happening----especailly at the college level with the transfer portal.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Is there any way that Berry just says no to a trade and just have him play this year + walk next year for a comp pick?

I mean if he sits out, he won't get a credited season right so why not just not do a trade and hope he comes around once live football action gets closer unless its a really good offer.

I hate trade requests because it screws the team twice. One for being almost forced to get rid of a good player and again because you almost never get equal value back since everyone is lowballing the team. There has to be some sort of negative consequence from the players side of things to stop this crap from happening----especailly at the college level with the transfer portal.

That’s the issue with the request becoming public, the team definitely loses leverage.

The fact of the matter is Njoku can force a trade by simply showing up and going through the motions in practice and being a distraction. Inevitably you take the best offer and move on.

And honestly from his perspective, I don’t blame him.  This is his 4th HC since he’s been here.  We look like an absolute mess compared to most of the league.  Taking fandom out of the equation, id want nothing to do with the Cleveland Browns either.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s the issue with the request becoming public, the team definitely loses leverage.

The fact of the matter is Njoku can force a trade by simply showing up and going through the motions in practice and being a distraction. Inevitably you take the best offer and move on.

And honestly from his perspective, I don’t blame him.  This is his 4th HC since he’s been here.  We look like an absolute mess compared to most of the league.  Taking fandom out of the equation, id want nothing to do with the Cleveland Browns either.

Whats incredible is that more players haven’t done this. I can’t blame guys for not wanting to be here. They have a very small window to win and make money.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Whats incredible is that more players haven’t done this. I can’t blame guys for not wanting to be here. They have a very small window to win and make money.

They’d better not goof up this year or I think you may see guys like Myles or Baker looking for greener pastures as well.

I know a lot of the board thinks Baker need to “prove it”, but I’ve seen a lot more from Baker than I have the organization as a whole. 

We can’t keep 💩 the bed and expecting people to be content with out incompetence when there other options available.

10 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

11M is a lot more doable to trade than 15M if need be. But it looks more likely we won’t get clowney. 

Yup, I think this takes us out of the running for Clowney. Not that I thought he was going to sign here anyway.

Hopefully Vernon stays healthy. His play was underwhelming last year, but I don't think he was as bad as some on here make it seem. Just certainly wasn't worth $15 million a year.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

11M is a lot more doable to trade than 15M if need be. But it looks more likely we won’t get clowney. 

I get that other teams would be more interested in paying him 8 million instead of 15 but our dead cap hit in a trade would go from 0 to 7 million so this says to me that Vernon is a Brown in 2020.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I get that other teams would be more interested in paying him 8 million instead of 15 but our dead cap hit in a trade would go from 0 to 7 million so this says to me that Vernon is a Brown in 2020.

Yup he’ll be on the roster based on this today.

now it comes down to what we do with the cash we saved