Browns General Discussion

candyman93

32 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Wonder if New England is interested at all in moving Joe Thuney.

I’d give up Njoku + whatever pick(s) they’d want (that’s not a 1st or 2nd). 

I wouldnt do that. Two holes 1 now and  1 later. We have a rg on the roster, somewhere. 

26 minutes ago, bruceb said:

In this day and age it wouldn't surprise me if this, in his mind, turns into a racist thing.

Did I just read this correctly?

Dude's contract is coming up. He lost his starting position to Hooper. Harrison Bryant was drafted and can potentially threaten the #2 spot. He has a better chance of earning big money with another team that has a need at the TE position. I mean, a toddler can put it together. However, you'd rather ignore all of that and instead preemptively accuse him of using the race card? JFC, no wonder this country is the mess it is right now.

Edited by Vee-Rex

6 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

However, you'd rather ignore all of that and instead preemptively accuse him of using the race card?

Have to call BS.

Never accused him of anything, preemptively or otherwise.

Think you would do well to check your reception filters.

8 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

He has a better chance of earning big money with another team that has a need at the TE position.

Based on what...his potential?

9 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

Dude's contract is coming up.

We exercised his 5th year option.

His contract is not coming up for two years.

If he thinks he is going to parlay a trade into a long-term extension he is crazy.

And if that is what he thinks, is this all about Hooper getting paid and the Browns buying his 5th year of service "on the cheap"?

I am just tying to figure this out, dude.

Dont's diss me.

18 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Keep him and just don’t resign him when his deal runs out. 

trade him, get something in return. Dont let him take away practice reps from Bryant. 

Sign either Clay, Dickson, Walker, or Reed to come in to be the #2 TE for the year.

Or maybe they are happy with Carlson and Brown and wait for Bryant to develop

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

Have to call BS.

Never accused him of anything, preemptively or otherwise.

Think you would do well to check your reception filters.

What exactly does this mean then:

In this day and age it wouldn't surprise me if this, in his mind, turns into a racist thing.

It sounds like you're trying to say that Njoku may turn this into a racial thing because of Hooper and Bryant being brought in. I'm not insulting you, but if you're going to make this kind of ridiculous statement - please clarify what you're saying.

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

Based on what...his potential?

We exercised his 5th year option.

His contract is not coming up for two years.

If he thinks he is going to parlay a trade into a long-term extension he is crazy.

And if that is what he thinks, is this all about Hooper getting paid and the Browns buying his 5th year of service "on the cheap"?

I am just tying to figure this out, dude.

Dont's diss me.

The well is drying for him here. Again - a toddler can see that. Hooper is #1 and will be #1 for his contract. Bryant can possibly eclipse Njoku. Why would Njoku want to stay in a place where he might get bumped down to the #3 TE spot?

He has two years left on his contract - yes, so he's better off finding a place where he won't have as much competition so that he can inflate his numbers for a bigger payday. It's simple to understand why he'd want a trade - what's not simple is somehow turning it into an idea that he might, in his mind, be turning it into a racist thing. Like... how do you even come to that conclusion?

Feel free to explain. If you can't and feel that you're being dissed, maybe it's because you make such a ridiculous statement.

7 minutes ago, kayelcio said:

Considering his apparent change of heart since march:

g2p9e5q59p851.jpg

And he just switched representation to Drew Rosenhaus

I think this is simply Drew doing Drew things

Yeah, I think Drew gets into these players ears and convince them they can get big paydays.

I don't see it with Njoku but the logic is there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

It sounds like you're trying to say that Njoku may turn this into a racial thing because of Hooper and Bryant being brought in. I'm not insulting you, but if you're going to make this kind of ridiculous statement - please clarify what you're saying.

I am trying to understand his thinking and pulled up the most ridiculous reason I could think of.

That simple.

12 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

He has two years left on his contract - yes, so he's better off finding a place where he won't have as much competition so that he can inflate his numbers for a bigger payday.

Sounds like agent speak.

If Njoku is that unsure of himself under an HC and OC who believe in high use of TEs, he is an idiot.

Edited by bruceb
SP
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I am trying to understand his thinking and pulled up the most ridiculous reason I could think of.

That simple.

Sounds like agent speak.

If Njoku is that unsure of himself under an HC and OC who believe in high use of TEs, he is an idiot.

Alright, it just comes across a little weird, the way it was worded. Basically "In this day and age I wouldn't be surprised (because he's black) if he thinks losing out is due to racism."

But I'll take your word for it.

I'd personally rather we trade Njoku and sign a guy like Delanie Walker as a cheap vet to add depth.