Browns General Discussion

candyman93

The fact that the Steelers have dominated us since we came back is why the legal requirement of the teams being in the same division is one of the worst mistakes ever made by anyone in history.

Without that legal requirement, the NFL could have placed the Steelers in the AFC East with the Bills, Jets. and Patriots, which could have set up Patriots-Steelers to be a huge division rivalry as it would have been Big Ben VS. Brady twice a year which could have been good from a TV ratings standpoint.

Before the Modell move every full-time Browns coach recorded at least one win over the Steelers.

Since the Modell move three failed to do so, including a one-and-done which also never occurred in the pre-Modell move era.

All of this has stripped Browns-Steelers of its status as a rivalry. Unfortunately I can't get my brother to agree with me.

Cooper is still good but has lost a step, chubb is good but has not hit a home run, DPJ aside from the PR hasnt hit a big reception.

Njoku hasnt hit a 50 yarder. 

We need a conssitent deep threat, id love 5'10" guy with big speed in the second, it would really help our offense. 

The Stephanski system isnt designed for big plays over the top, it attacks the 10-20 yard makr. But I would like it if a safety was cheating deep. 

5 minutes ago, pf9 said:

It is official. If the Browns don't win next week Stefanski is fired and we will still be looking for our first coach in the post-Modell era to last five seasons.

Stephanksi cant go into next season with a losing record. He aint fired. 

23 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Before the Modell move every full-time Browns coach recorded at least one win over the Steelers.

Since the Modell move three failed to do so, including a one-and-done which also never occurred in the pre-Modell move era.

All of this has stripped Browns-Steelers of its status as a rivalry. Unfortunately I can't get my brother to agree with me.

13 minutes ago, pf9 said:

It is official. If the Browns don't win next week Stefanski is fired and we will still be looking for our first coach in the post-Modell era to last five seasons.

2 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Watson went 0-2 against Pittsburgh as a Texan.

Maybe we should bench him and bring back Brissett who did beat the Steelers earlier this season.

the-office-steve-carell.gif

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I wonder what the chances are that the ravens let Greg Roman go this offseason. Watson went off in the second half when we started running read option. Would be nice to get him here and add a bunch more of that to the playbook. He’s basically the godfather of the read option. 

Id hope we don’t need to run read option to get production from Watson.  

I don’t mind letting Watson use his legs from time to time, but I hate the idea of letting him take too many hits.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

We don’t need an offense predicated around the zone read. Some wrinkles are fine. 

Right that’s what I’m saying. Add in some of it with a combo of Stefanskis stuff. There’s no denying how good Watson looked once we went read option. There’s something to that.