Browns General Discussion

candyman93

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I like it because we had such a massive hole on the DL. But it kind of reminds me of the Sheldon Richardson signing. 30 year old on his last big deal. Kinda worries me. 

He’s definitely a short term pickup. Unlike Richardson, Tomlinson plays with consistency and is a star in run defense on a snap-by-snap basis. Richardson made splash plays, but he also had a ton of wtf plays too. I think Tomlinson is significantly better. Time will tell. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

He’s definitely a short term pickup. Unlike Richardson, Tomlinson plays with consistency and is a star in run defense on a snap-by-snap basis. Richardson made splash plays, but he also had a ton of wtf plays too. I think Tomlinson is significantly better. Time will tell. 

Both played for Minny. Tomlinson>>>Richardson

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Well we’re gonna break now if Deshaun doesn’t play at an elite level for us. I hate hitching our entire team to one player. Dumb.

That's what you do when you have a guy who you perceive to be an elite franchise QB. No different than Packers did with Rogers, Chiefs with Mahomes, the Ravens are going to need to decide to do with Jackson or not, and what we decided not to do with Baker (since his contract demands would have likely been in that stratosphere). My issue isn't in whether to do that or not...it's just the reality of the business...but with the questionable character we've done it with.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

That's what you do when you have a guy who you perceive to be an elite franchise QB. No different than Packers did with Rogers, Chiefs with Mahomes, the Ravens are going to need to decide to do with Jackson or not, and what we decided not to do with Baker (since his contract demands would have likely been in that stratosphere). My issue isn't in whether to do that or not...it's just the reality of the business...but with the questionable character we've done it with.

Yep. Our front office hitched their entire wagon on Deshaun Watson. We are doomed for 5+ years if he isn’t elite. If we need to draft a bunch of offensive firepower for him to be successful, we are dead in the water. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Yup.

If Watson proves to be elite, it'll be worth it. If he's not, then we're obviously totally screwed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

We gotta remember that our rookies are gonna eat up about $9 mil. We are done with starter-level additions via FA. 

We’ll have another 10M open up in June with clowney and jj3. Plus we’ve only restructured Watson. We can still open up a ton more if we wanted to.