Browns General Discussion

candyman93

3 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

The 2009 draft……

Trade out of 5 for 17 & 52 Brett Ratliff, Keyon Coleman and Abe Elam, 

Came away with Alex Mack alone

along with Brian Robiskie, Mohammad Massaqoui, and David Veikune in the 2nd,  Kaluka Maiava in the 4th, Don Carey, coy Francine’s, James Davis in the 6th

It's really sad that Alex Mack alone makes this one of our best drafts since our return.

• Like 2

Just now, BetterCallSaul said:

U forgot Cameron Erving. 

Picking between Ray Famers first rounders, Gilbert, Manziel, Shelton and Erving is like picking between the children you are raising that have been fathered by your wife's boyfriend.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Picking between Ray Famers first rounders, Gilbert, Manziel, Shelton and Erving is like picking between the children you are raising that have been fathered by your wife's boyfriend.

Gross. Shelton wasn’t as bad as people make him out to be though. He was just very limited. He was fantastic against the run, which is what he was drafted to do. Funny, because he was my least favorite out of all of those selections. 

5 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Gross. Shelton wasn’t as bad as people make him out to be though. He was just very limited. He was fantastic against the run, which is what he was drafted to do. Funny, because he was my least favorite out of all of those selections. 

He’s a 4th DT who’s good when teams try to run right at him.

That’s not a dude you draft on day 1 or probably day 2 tbh.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s a 4th DT who’s good when teams try to run right at him.

That’s not a dude you draft on day 1 or probably day 2 tbh.

Shelton in his short prime year made us a top run defense almost single-handedly. It was the year before we traded him (2017?) He had an absolute insane amount of run stuffs on 3rd/4th and short. I was kind of mad when we traded him away, but he did nothing else of note in his career. Yeah he was crazy underwhelming for a 1st rounder. Bad for a 2nd rounder. I would be thrilled with a Shelton-like player in R3 if we hadn’t brought in Tomlinson. 

• Like 1

Don’t cut Perrion yet 

get the full story 

Just get him to training camp. Get him back in the building. If he acts up again so bet it let him go. 

but alot of players have issues their first offseasons in the league. Get him around the leadership you just brought in. If he acts up then let him go but try to get him on the field. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

You know it’s bad when even a bank won’t sponsor you anymore. 

Bank?  First Energy is a bank? I think the alleged financial gymnastics on both sides of this partnership make this a reasonable move.

I don't care about this at all though. I'd rather it be Cleveland Browns Stadium.  Jimmeh got enough loot, we don't need a stadium sponsor.