Browns General Discussion

candyman93

43 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

For the sake of the Browns I'm glad he is gone but why do people feel like it ok to antagonize a dog then play victim when they get bit?

Because we now live in a culture where it is beneficial to be a victim so people seek out situations to be one, that being said a person in his position needs to be smarter especially with what happened prior and the charges getting dropped, he was in a position to make himself a lot of money and he threw it away because he can’t handle someone running their mouth. That being said again we’re in a culture where everyone is so quick to capture something on their cellphone to make a name he needs to be conscious of that as well

Unless we find another DT we are likely keeping a bunch of ends imo. 

Dalvin and Ika are nose tackle and run staffers. Dalvin has some pass rush upside. 

Elliot is worse than mediocre with some physical potential and then it is Hurst. 

I'm guessing we keep 6 ends

MG

Z

Wright

Obo 

Isaiah Mcguire 

Isaiah Thomas

We will likely keep 5 linebackers 

Taki, won't make the 53 and will go to the p squad because he likely can't play until mid year. 

We don't need a talented linebacker. We need a linebacker coach that knows how to teach guys to fit properly to the run game. Playing linebacker isn't talent-dependant. It's dependant on being smart and being where you need to be. Understanding where you need to fit against power schemes vs. zone schemes was our biggest problem at LB last year...along with refusing to set the run with our outside arm free, which is mind-numbing.

I think our LB's are acceptable right now if you're talking talent. JOK & Walker is an ok duo. When Takitaki is back, he gives us an average 3 in a 4-3 base.

Long-term, I think the move will be to move JOK to MIKE and bring in a new WILL backer. Keep a thumping MIKE on the roster so that JOK can go play STAR/SAM in a 4-3.

The more I watch competent NFL defenses, that MIKE backer should be able to survive covering deep down the field. It allows you to rob with your safeties and drop MIKE into a deeper zone, which has been hell for QB's in recent years. I think with JOK, we can do a lot of those things. He is completely useless as a WILL linebacker. Best as a SAM if you're going to be playing traditional 4-3, but MIKE allows him to do a ton of different things, especially if we keep him protected with DL alignments.