Browns General Discussion

candyman93

If there’s a silver lining, we have somehow weathered the storm to this point with two wins we probably shouldn’t have with PJ. 

That said, time to quit effin around and go get a roster caliber QB to fill in for this unknown time period. I get it if we had a bottom dweller team, but we are a team that can and maybe should win a division. Our methodology to this point has certainly been about winning now.

Edited by NateDawg

Sigh.

Boys, I hate to break it you, but Josh Dobbs sucks. I'm not convinced that he would've won us either one of the last two games.

I know we like to talk about these moves we could make, but there's only one thing that really matters. Either Watson heals up and plays like he did against the Titans, or this season is a massive disappointment.

Trading for a slightly better placeholder is a waste of time and resources. Andrew Berry is really smart, and I'm glad he's in charge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

Sigh.

Boys, I hate to break it you, but Josh Dobbs sucks. I'm not convinced that he would've won us either one of the last two games.

I know we like to talk about these moves we could make, but there's only one thing that really matters. Either Watson heals up and plays like he did against the Titans, or this season is a massive disappointment.

Trading for a slightly better placeholder is a waste of time and resources. Andrew Berry is really smart, and I'm glad he's in charge.

Ravens won it all with Trent Dilfer. Sure, it's unlikely you are going to roll through the AFC superpowers with below average QB play but it's better than practice squad QB play. At best Watson will be week to week the rest of the year and maybe his remaining time here and there is a chance every time he takes a hit he will miss a couple games. To do nothing seeing that possibility, when you can improve a position without giving up much, seems like a malfeasance of duty.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

https://overthecap.com/calculator/cleveland-browns

Conklin, Teller, Njoku just really bad contracts, of course not counting the Rapist. Essentially well over $100 million in just flat out bad contracts on the books next year. 

Cooper, Chubb, and Jed with big numbers too, not counting legit superstars like Myles and Ward.

Njoku would be decent if we had a qb. 

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Would he though? He’s fine, maybe slightly above average, certainly not worth what we are paying him. He’s at best our third best option.

I think he would be a probowler this year if given a chance. He is a top 5 blocking TE. 

He would put up 7-800 yards if given a chance. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Ravens won it all with Trent Dilfer. Sure, it's unlikely you are going to roll through the AFC superpowers with below average QB play but it's better than practice squad QB play. At best Watson will be week to week the rest of the year and maybe his remaining time here and there is a chance every time he takes a hit he will miss a couple games. To do nothing seeing that possibility, when you can improve a position without giving up much, seems like a malfeasance of duty.  

Thomas is once again 100% spot on. You play to win with the team you currently have. If we had Chubb + Brissett, we could grind out 1-2 playoff wins.

Hopefully Ford keeps producing at a consistent level. However, I have no hope with our current QBs.

• Like 1

One thing I was thinking about with this Myles becoming part of owner of the Cavs

Who would've thought that after that helmet situation he'd be in this situation. When the entire media and part of the fan base wanted to write him off and say he shouldn't play and how bad a person he was. A potential murderer if he wouldve connected and hit Mason in the head. 

Now you look at him

Part owner of the Cavs and as of right now frontrunner for defensive player of the year. Beloved by media everywhere.

Time and production heals. We just gotta take time with this Deshaun situation. Give it some time. It's a 5 year deal. I understand we all want to see results, but its a big picture thing. Embrace the PJ Walker time its not gonna be forever. Let this kid have his moment.

PJ Walker will probably never get another chance to lead a team this good. Let him have his moment for a few weeks. Then give Deshaun time. Everything we want is still right in front of us. 

Edited by brownie man

12 minutes ago, brownie man said:

When the entire media and part of the fan base wanted to write him off and say he shouldn't play and how bad a person he was. A potential murderer if he wouldve connected and hit Mason in the head. 

I know the sky is a different color in your world but this is out there. He was definitely wrong to react the way he reacted but people saying that then are still saying that now. Only Steeler fans wanted him out of the league, the media and Browns fans didn't.

He made a mistake that fortunately wasn't anything serious, no harm was done.

Deshaun is a different story. He is a bad human being. Myles' was a mistake in the heat of the moment. Deshaun's actions were premeditated and repeated. They shouldn't be compared to each other.

11 hours ago, brownie man said:

One thing I was thinking about with this Myles becoming part of owner of the Cavs

Who would've thought that after that helmet situation he'd be in this situation. When the entire media and part of the fan base wanted to write him off and say he shouldn't play and how bad a person he was. A potential murderer if he wouldve connected and hit Mason in the head. 

Now you look at him

Part owner of the Cavs and as of right now frontrunner for defensive player of the year. Beloved by media everywhere.

Time and production heals. We just gotta take time with this Deshaun situation. Give it some time. It's a 5 year deal. I understand we all want to see results, but its a big picture thing. Embrace the PJ Walker time its not gonna be forever. Let this kid have his moment.

PJ Walker will probably never get another chance to lead a team this good. Let him have his moment for a few weeks. Then give Deshaun time. Everything we want is still right in front of us. 

L

O

L