Browns General Discussion

candyman93

On 1/18/2024 at 9:57 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

DTR should never see the field again unless there’s a disaster. 

I disagree....DTR looks like a VERY good developmental QB.....but hey that's just me.....and I guess he looked good enough in the preseason for the Coaches and GM to be comfortable going with him as the backup, enough to trade Josh Dobbs and Cut Kellen Mond....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I disagree....DTR looks like a VERY good developmental QB.....but hey that's just me.....and I guess he looked good enough in the preseason for the Coaches and GM to be comfortable going with him as the backup, enough to trade Josh Dobbs and Cut Kellen Mond....

I think he could be a good spot starter. He is smart enough to. Could have Tyrod Taylor like stretch as a starter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think he could be a good spot starter. He is smart enough to. Could have Tyrod Taylor like stretch as a starter.

11 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Agreed on both ends. I’m not off the DTR train. He’s gonna be fine as a spot starter. He’s a smart kid who also has a massive amount of potential. He was thrust into some nightmarish situations. I have a feeling DTR would have been even more highly thought of in time, had Flacco not come in and ripped it up. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Agreed on both ends. I’m not off the DTR train. He’s gonna be fine as a spot starter. He’s a smart kid who also has a massive amount of potential. He was thrust into some nightmarish situations. I have a feeling DTR would have been even more highly thought of in time, had Flacco not come in and ripped it up. 

You think that because you have a beautiful mind like me and Dawglb. Warrior poets

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

The things he does well are the same things Watson does well and are the things we’re seemingly trying to incorporate into our offense more.

I think he’s a good fit as a backup moving forward.  I wouldn’t necessarily rely on him to start a ton of games, but as a spot starter I think he’s fine.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I never understood hiring ex players to coach a position they didn’t play. 

stefanski's first position he coached in the NFL was TEs. He was assistant to the HC and the QB coach for like 7yrs. When he was finally hired as a full time position coach, it was TE coach for the Vikings. 

3 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Guys who I hope are in the Running, OLine (In case Father Callahan Rolls to Tenn) Mike Munchack )He's got his Knees fixed and his health right...and itching to get back into coaching.....

QB coach Byron Leftwich...a rising star that found himself without seat in the game of musical chairs....put him back in COACH!!

OC Potentially- Kliff Kingsberry....Hes got his mind Right and head on straight....I like him another Offensive mind in the Room....

I hope and pray we get Duece Staley as the RB coach...but we should add Asst. ST Coordinator...he has talent there also...and him and Bubba Ventrone bouncing idea's off each other....special teams will be even more of a weapon....

I was thinking of Artur Smith for TE's coach (Maybe Run game Coordinator) another Hot young candidate that didnt make it in his first HC Gig.....but with Reese..I like the Hire....

Undefined Roll.....Davie Caully...Former Texans HC, and a Brilliant NFL coach on the offensive side of the Ball..but with Kevin Rogers and Bill Musgrave he might be redundant.....

Edited by DaWg_LB.

11 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

His Son Brian is a Hot Coaching Candidate.....and he has a good chance in ATL, Car and Tenn....if he gets hired, you KNOW Pop's is headed to coach the line and be Asst. HC for his Baby Boy......None of us could begrudge him that no?

Yeah, screw that- I learned long ago never to work with family. I love my three sons to death but would not entrain for a second working with any of them regardless if they or I were the boss  :)

• Like 1