Browns General Discussion

candyman93

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He also doesn’t need money or whatever, if he finds a spot he likes and his family likes why not?  

Id rather be a reasonably well paid backup QB on a talented team that has a chance to win something than go out at nearly 40 and try to make a crap team less crappy.

Flacco isn’t really a bridge guy either.  He’s gonna yolo every game and you hope he doesn’t throw too many bad ones to the other team.  He’s a spot starter/backup at this point imo.  

ATL is the one team I think he could do something with for a full season, mostly because of the weapons and division.

I think Atlanta is going to end up with fields if the bears take Caleb with the first pick. That’s been one of the rumors at least. So unless he wants to go to Pittsburgh I don’t think there’s really a chance for him to start. Unless he wants to wait till the season starts and becomes a mercenary qb whenever someone goes down. 

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

Someone is going to give him a chance to play and give him more money 

Doubt it. Who is gonna want to start a 49 year old QB who, when caught absolute fire last year, was simply “pretty good.”

He should come cheap. If he goes anywhere else, he won’t be penciled in as a starter. 

But in all seriousness, I wouldn't for a third. Especially with how injury prone Ward is. I'd rather keep him around for another couple of years and either extend him or receive a comp pick. Anything less than a second would be a dumb move, IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Newsome was the biggest weakness in our secondary. He’s nowhere near a 3rd and not a chance in hell we get a 2nd. Maybe a late 4th. 

He's the weak link because our secondary is really good and he's forced to play the slot when he's better as an outside corner.

And I have a feeling you'd be the first complaining that we gave up Newsome for a late fourth when Ward inevitably gets injured lol

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DawgX said:

He's the weak link because our secondary is really good and he's forced to play the slot when he's better as an outside corner.

And I have a feeling you'd be the first complaining that we gave up Newsome for a late fourth when Ward inevitably gets injured lol

Newsome is one of those guys that’s worth more to us because of that. A 4th does nothing for us. We need him for that reason. Ward will get hurt. But he sucks as a slot corner and we probably aren’t going to resign him anyway. 

• Like 1

If there’s one position I’m comfortable with AB drafting, it’s corner.

A 3 and future 4 doesn’t sound great, but that’s prolly about his worth when you consider he’ll need a new deal.

If AB and the scouts like this class of corners and feel Mitchell is ready to be the main dude in the slot, go for it. Can’t pay all these guys.