Browns General Discussion

candyman93

I suspect we'll sign a cheap LB to replace Taki. Don't think we'll make any big moves, tbh. We might push hard for Reader but that's about it. Which is fine, IMO. I'd love Reader but I'm happy to bring guys back like Smith, Hurst and Harris. They were key players for us last year.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I hope we really push hard to sign Reader. We’d have an incredibly well balanced DT rotation. We’ve been trying to be “huge” on the defensive line and Reader fits that.

Berry could just focus on DEs and LBs in the draft.

Edited by candyman93

15 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

That'd be great. I don't see it at this point though, with re-signing both Hurst and Harris.

I’m not going to lie, we need to solidify our run defense more. I’d pay a few dollars to buy an elite front wall with Reader and Tomlinson  

57 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I hope we really push hard to sign Reader. We’d have an incredibly well balanced DT rotation. We’ve been trying to be “huge” on the defensive line and Reader fits that.

Berry could just focus on DEs and LBs in the draft.

I’m not even sure we’ll necessarily be drafting a DE this year tbh.  Wright looked solid at the end of last season and McGuire was essentially redshirted.  Wouldn’t surprise me if they see what those two do this year before adding anyone else.

We’ve got 5 already.

Linebacker is a spot I’d like a couple tbh.  Doesn’t have to be high round guys, could be a 6th and a 7th or whatever, but just a couple dudes who can come in and also redshirt (to some degree) and be ready to contribute next year while being under contract for 4 years.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not even sure we’ll necessarily be drafting a DE this year tbh.  Wright looked solid at the end of last season and McGuire was essentially redshirted.  Wouldn’t surprise me if they see what those two do this year before adding anyone else.

We’ve got 5 already.

Linebacker is a spot I’d like a couple tbh.  Doesn’t have to be high round guys, could be a 6th and a 7th or whatever, but just a couple dudes who can come in and also redshirt (to some degree) and be ready to contribute next year while being under contract for 4 years.

I'm with you.  I honestly hope we don't draft DE in this years draft. The reason being this years DE draft is terrible.  To give you the perfect example, last year we drafted Isaiah McGuire.  This year his teammate Darius Robinson is going to be drafted.  McGuire looked better than Robinson when they played together.  McGuires stats were in general better in college than Robinson.  They tested fairly similar at the combine.  We got McGuire in the 4th round last year and Robison might be at the back end of this first round in this years draft.

I want to focus on what this draft has to offer.  It is fairly deep at WR, Slot/Nickle CB, and OT.

I'm good with a linebacker late in the draft, but I also suspect we are doing to sign one more.  There is a lot of smoke around Denzel Perryman (who Andrew Berry has gone after before) to fill the role Takitaki left behind.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I'm with you.  I honestly hope we don't draft DE in this years draft. The reason being this years DE draft is terrible.  To give you the perfect example, last year we drafted Isaiah McGuire.  This year his teammate Darius Robinson is going to be drafted.  McGuire looked better than Robinson when they played together.  McGuires stats were in general better in college than Robinson.  They tested fairly similar at the combine.  We got McGuire in the 4th round last year and Robison might be at the back end of this first round in this years draft.

yeah I’m not familiar enough with the draft class as a whole yet, but I’d really just like to see what we already have before burning more picks on someone else.

I want to focus on what this draft has to offer.  It is fairly deep at WR, Slot/Nickle CB, and OT.

I think we need all of those positions tbh, unless they are set to pick up Newsome’s 5th hear option and then we can perhaps wait a year there.

I think we could also use a RB (if the right guys is there), a TE, and a G.

I'm good with a linebacker late in the draft, but I also suspect we are doing to sign one more.  There is a lot of smoke around Denzel Perryman (who Andrew Berry has gone after before) to fill the role Takitaki left behind.

Perryman is exactly what we need and could be an inexpensive option.  

• Like 1