Browns General Discussion

candyman93

15 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I get the discussion but if you tell me we can either have Chubb healthy or Winston, I don't need time to think about how I answer.

If we win with Winston it won't be on account of Winston. Same with Huntley or DTR. We will need a good running game but we saw that when we were without Chubb we were just average. Watson/DTR/Walker/Flacco were all way below average last year. Our defense got us into the playoffs and had one of their letdown games once we got there. Virtually no backup QBs aren't winning you games in the playoffs or they would be starting somewhere. Give me a starting RB.

Yup. Starting RB is wildly more important than the backup QB. If your QB stays healthy all year, your backup QB is literally useless. How many actually good backup QB’s are there? 

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

We're 5 deep right now. 

If we dont keep a full back I think all 5 could make the roster especially with Hines being able to play special teams at a high level 

Ngl, I think a fullback is such a waste of a roster spot.

Just use a reserve offensive or defensive lineman to go nuke someone on short yardage situations.  

Other than that, get a legit athlete on the field.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

We're 5 deep right now. 

If we dont keep a full back I think all 5 could make the roster especially with Hines being able to play special teams at a high level 

I think ford ends up on the PS if he can’t be traded. I didn’t see anything special out of him. He seemed like a below average replacement level rb. 

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Just use a reserve offensive or defensive lineman to go nuke someone on short yardage situations.  

Or a TE who can do it and be a threat to get a handoff or a pass 

8 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I know you hated him but that is the value of Harrison Bryant. He was a TE/H/FB who knew the motions and plays from 3 different positions as a replacement level player with blocking and receiving value while effectively saving 3 roster spots.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I know you hated him but that is the value of Harrison Bryant. He was a TE/H/FB who knew the motions and plays from 3 different positions as a replacement level player with blocking and receiving value while effectively saving 3 roster spots.

Nice

44 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah he was smart and provided some versatility to some degree, but he didn’t do anything particularly well which diminishes some of that versatility.

If you have a TE who blocks like a 3rd tackle and makes plays like a WR, that’s a versatile weapon, but when they block like a WR and get open like a 3rd tackle it’s a different situation lol.

Id rather have a player with a skill/trait that allows them to win consistently at something and hope to develop/round out the rest of their game to “good enough”.  

Give me a 6’5 270lb in line blocking TE2 who can catch and sit down in a zone, I’m cool with that.  They don’t need to be dynamic or explosive or whatever, just catch a pass that’s thrown to you when you sneak open and block well.  Hell I feel like Bryant’s best asset in the passing game was being so mediocre teams just forgot about him and he managed to sneak open.

46 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah he was smart and provided some versatility to some degree, but he didn’t do anything particularly well which diminishes some of that versatility.

If you have a TE who blocks like a 3rd tackle and makes plays like a WR, that’s a versatile weapon, but when they block like a WR and get open like a 3rd tackle it’s a different situation lol.

Id rather have a player with a skill/trait that allows them to win consistently at something and hope to develop/round out the rest of their game to “good enough”.  

Give me a 6’5 270lb in line blocking TE2 who can catch and sit down in a zone, I’m cool with that.  They don’t need to be dynamic or explosive or whatever, just catch a pass that’s thrown to you when you sneak open and block well.  Hell I feel like Bryant’s best asset in the passing game was being so mediocre teams just forgot about him and he managed to sneak open.

Personally I thought he blocked like a starting fullback out of the backfield, caught like a 2nd TE, and was reliable as far as motions and nuance was concerned. Point being, if we get another guy like him sign me up, no need for a sole FB.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Personally I thought he blocked like a starting fullback out of the backfield, caught like a 2nd TE, and was reliable as far as motions and nuance was concerned. Point being, if we get another guy like him sign me up, no need for a sole FB.

I don’t think you understand.  Until we get Steve Heiden 2.0 I’m not gonna be happy.

• Like 1