Browns General Discussion

candyman93

22 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

typical political bulls$&!

May be political bull crap but is a state law that was put in place after Modell moved the Browns to Baltimore to stop it from happening again. Per the law a team cannot be moved from it's home city without city council agreement or putting the team up for sale within 6 months. 

The funny part is that Haslem knows this law as it is how he was able to acquire the Columbus Crew. 

Edited by pscottdai

13 hours ago, pscottdai said:

May be political bull crap but is a state law that was put in place after Modell moved the Browns to Baltimore to stop it from happening again. Per the law a team cannot be moved from it's home city without city council agreement or putting the team up for sale within 6 months. 

The funny part is that Haslem knows this law as it is how he was able to acquire the Columbus Crew. 

I get it if they were talking moving out of state but they’re talking about moving 10 minutes down the road

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I get it if they were talking moving out of state but they’re talking about moving 10 minutes down the road

Yeah, I agree but the law is written as out of it home city which Brooke Park is. 

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

It might be financially motivated? Wouldn't want to lose the city taxes to another city?

Yeah I’m sure they’d lose a ton of money and it would impact a lot of the businesses a good bit.

Bars, hotels, parking garages, etc all benefit from keeping them where they’re at and I’m sure a lot of those wealthy folks have the ear of a council member or two.

• Like 2

A part of me wonders if Stefanski has ever been like this with the cameras off and doors closed.

I’m not expecting him to be Dan Campbell (who would 100% be like this), but I’m curious what Stef is like behind the scenes.

21 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

So he basically have up guaranteed money and now had to earn it back? No bonus restructure? Pretty crazy move for an agent to agree on. 

He didn't have guaranteed money. His base salary of 11.775 million would have been lost if he were cut. With him coming off of an injury and the RB market, he wasn't going to get that money elsewhere. It was logical from both sides.

• Like 3

On 4/2/2024 at 7:37 PM, pscottdai said:

And I live in the DMV area....and I can tell you right now, they are pushing like hell to get the Commanders back to RFK (and that's gonna happen, now Dan Sniders gone...NOBODY liked him up here..I mean Art Model levels)

And Local Government just Blocked Ted Leonsis (sp?) from trying to move the Wizards from Downtown\Chinatown area to Northern Va/Alexanderia and build a new sports complex....looked like he was about to pull it off...and the Mayor kept saying....Nothings a done deal till its a done deal.....3 days before it becomes offical, the government swooped in and said....Naw..yall staying in DC and we will rebuild the MCI Center/Capital One Areana...