Browns General Discussion

candyman93

Posted (edited)

I feel like as of right now, we know who the starters on offense are going to be.

Watson

Chubb

Cooper

Jeudy

Moore

Njoku

Wills

Bitonio

Pocic

Teller

Conklin / Jones (only spot up for debate)

We’ve had that same core for what’s going to be year 3. We even have fairly certain confidence who the backups will be too.

Edited by candyman93

I’m just gonna throw out a hot take…. Build a new Dome. CBS is an old venue as far as stadiums are viewed, the only people who care about playing in the elements the fans I am sure the players would much rather play in a climate weather controlled environment. also makes more sense as far as business goes

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I’m just gonna throw out a hot take…. Build a new Dome. CBS is an old venue as far as stadiums are viewed, the only people who care about playing in the elements the fans I am sure the players would much rather play in a climate weather controlled environment. also makes more sense as far as business goes

I love the current location of the stadium. But the stadium is garbage. I wish they could just demolish the current stadium then play in canton or Columbus a few years and build a new dome in the same location. 

4 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

right, I think its like the boomer fans who want the open air.

Gimmie the dome stadium. Im sorry if the Browns make it to an afc title game and by god have a chance to host it, you know god is going to dump a '77 type snow storm. I rather not have the game impacted by the weather.

also give the city the chance to hold more events. might never get a superbowl but I would love to see a big10 title game here, maybe a college playoff game, get some big ncaa tournament games. I would love to see a wrestlemania in Cleveland as well

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Gimmie the dome stadium. Im sorry if the Browns make it to an afc title game and by god have a chance to host it, you know god is going to dump a '77 type snow storm. I rather not have the game impacted by the weather.

also give the city the chance to hold more events. might never get a superbowl but I would love to see a big10 title game here, maybe a college playoff game, get some big ncaa tournament games. I would love to see a wrestlemania in Cleveland as well

The Browns haven’t hosted a playoff game in 30 years, so that would be a welcome change.

16 hours ago, buno67 said:

For me the game is so skewed toward offense and passing it makes absolutely no sense to have an open field. Not too mention getting in an out of the stadium is a nightmare, parking sucks, also makes no sense to only be able to use it like 12-13 times a year 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

I think even the boomers want a dome.

Or maybe I don't know enough boomers.

No, I know enough boomers. Almost everyone wants a dome. Which means, of course, we get no dome.

rs-175278-452728632.jpg?w=800

I'm a boomer, and the last time I was at the stadium, we allegedly booed DA for getting hurt against the Colts.  (Didn't hear it, so it didn't happen.....I think)

On 3/27/2024 at 7:34 PM, buno67 said:

This is where I’m at. But I want it on the Lake. It just makes more sense in that area. I know people don’t like the location for parking but I never liked the places where you park in this big lot and aren’t in the local area. I like being down on W6 before games and walking over the bridge. But those are my memories I guess. 

I would love to see them get a dome for the other things too. So much stuff that Cleveland could handle. SB not as big of a fan, when it was in Detroit (similar weather) it kind of made larger than life experience seem smaller, since it was all inside. 

31 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, Brook Park kind of sucks. I get why they'd put it there because there's a whole lot of nothing and close to highways. But Brook Park sucks ***.

I think brookpark will see a lot of new businesses come in if they got the stadium there. It wouldn’t suck that much. 

• Like 1