Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

yeah I’m not familiar enough with the draft class as a whole yet, but I’d really just like to see what we already have before burning more picks on someone else.

Agreed.  I would like to watch Wright and McGuire develop.
I think we have a really good group with Myles, Smith, Ogbo, Wright and McGuire.
Between youth to develop, and experience, and talent.  I am good staying where we are.

I think we need all of those positions tbh, unless they are set to pick up Newsome’s 5th hear option and then we can perhaps wait a year there.

Agreed.  I really hope we use the first 2 picks to get a receiver (this draft is so deep there will be first round talent available when we pick).  I like getting an OT for future depth to replace Wills.  I also think we probably trade Newsome and replace him with a CB somewhere in the first 3 rounds (if we get a pick in the first 3 rounds for him, if not keep him and continue to play him at Nickle).

I think we could also use a RB (if the right guys is there), a TE, and a G.

I agree.  There are a ton of RB's in this draft but none 1st/2nd round quality.  We could definitely get some good RB depth but probably not looking for starters here.  I don't know about TE, I know theres the top 2 and then everyone else.  I also like the idea of taking a Guard, need future replacements for the older expensive guards we have on the team.

Perryman is exactly what we need and could be an inexpensive option.  

I agree.  I have liked him ever since he was drafted.  Is a heavy hitter.  Would love to have him for run downs.  I assume JOK and Hicks would play together and be on field a majority of the game.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

36 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yep I was hoping we’d move on from him and his drops 

I never understood the love the coaches seemed to have for him personally. Willing blocker I guess but not physically gifted enough to do much.  

JAG in the pass game.  seemed like his best attribute was being so mid that other teams forgot he existed and he just sorta meandered open.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

another failed offensive pick...Believe Chubb is the last Browns offensive pick to earn a 2nd contract. Jones looks like the best offensive player drafted since Chubb but its too early to call him a hit just like its too early to call Tillman and the other offensive guys misses but it doesnt look good

2023 3rd rd Cedric Tillman 74th overall WR

2023 4th rd Dawand Jones 111st overall OL

2023 5th rd Dorian Thompson-Robinson 140th overall QB

2023 6th rd Luke Wypler 190th overall OL

2022 3rd rd David Bell 99th overall WR

2022 4th rd Cade York 124th overall K

2022 5th rd Jerome Ford 156th overall RB

2022 6th rd Michael Woods II 202nd overall WR

2022 7th rd Dawson Deaton 246th overall OL

2021 3rd rd Anthony Schwartz 91st overall WR

2021 4th rd James Hudson 110th overall OL

2021 6th rd Demetric Felton 211 overall RB

2020 1st rd Jedrick Wills Jr.1 0 overall T

2020 4th rd Harrison Bryant 115th overall TE

2020 5th rd Nick Harris 160 th overall C

2020 6th rd Donovan Peoples-Jones 187 overall WR

2019 5th rd Austin Seibert 170th overall K

2019 6th rd Drew Forbes 189th overall T  (They originally waived him but brought him back once the lions waived him)

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

another failed offensive pick...Believe Chubb is the last Browns offensive pick to earn a 2nd contract. Jones looks like the best offensive player drafted since Chubb but its too early to call him a hit just like its too early to call Tillman and the other offensive guys misses but it doesnt look good

2019 6th rd Drew Forbes 189th overall T  (They originally waived him but brought him back once the lions waived him)

DPJ has been an impact player. Has had one bad season.

Just listened Jameis on Pardon My Take and he’s an interesting dude.

I’ll be honest I never paid much attention to him because he was never relevant to me, but what I did hear/know wasn’t flattering.

Dude was clearly immature when he was younger, but he seems like he’s matured and came across as really engaging and interesting.  You can definitely see why so many of his teammates absolutely love the dude. 

The interview was worth a listen if you’re looking for something to kill some time.

Just listened Jameis on Pardon My Take and he’s an interesting dude.

I’ll be honest I never paid much attention to him because he was never relevant to me, but what I did hear/know wasn’t flattering.

Dude was clearly immature when he was younger, but he seems like he’s matured and came across as really engaging and interesting.  You can definitely see why so many of his teammates absolutely love the dude. 

The interview was worth a listen if you’re looking for something to kill some time.

I’ve always heard that he’s one of the most liked teammates in the league. 

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

DPJ has been an impact player. Has had one bad season.

idk, '22 looks like more of a fluke year than anything. He looks more like a JAG than anything else

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

Alright, let's go through most GM's picks. They're gonna have more misses than hits. This is silly.

And dudes like DPJ, Harris, and Bryant were good picks even if they didn't see second contracts with us. Looks like you're just trying to hate just to hate.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

idk, '22 looks like more of a fluke year than anything. He looks more like a JAG than anything else

3/4 seasons here he made an impact even if he didn't have a ton of touches he was scoring long tds or making some possessions catches.

His catch % was always decent and his your good for at least two seasons.

Dude was a 5th or a 6th round pick. Expecting more is fanciful