Browns General Discussion

candyman93

11 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

We were 58 million over for next year. Now we will be like 9 million over with the carry over. He was the only player we could restructure and get more than a few million according to otc.

I thought we could have gotten some room with a restructure from Myles too? 

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You’re not wrong, but at the same time if no one is poaching your staff after 4 years, maybe it’s time for some new ideas.  Someone tweeted that at the end of the year and I pretty much agree.  Not that he did a bad job per se.

I do not know what happened behind closed doors or those things, but what philosophy exactly? What ideas? That made sense with AVP getting the boot, but your position coaches bow to those ideas.

yeah, but to me he’s a slot with the speed to push safeties deep, not a boundary receiver or Deebo.

The guy couldn’t get open opposite Garrett Wilson, he couldnt get open opposite Coop, and he couldn’t get open with 1 on 1 coverage with Njoku occupying the seam. Sure, maybe he’s a victim of poor usage and scheme, but, Occam’s Razor here.

I mean, Njoku was in this exact situation.  Jeudy is still just 24.  I’m just saying I’ve seen crazier things than a guy playing better once they hit their prime.

Njoku certainly proved me wrong this year and maybe Jeudy does the same. But for every Njoku, you have 2 other guys who don’t live up to the hype. That extension was done before he ever put on pads here. If they’d have done it after a great camp or something, maybe I’d be more open minded.

Njoku at least had shown massive potential in the Red Zone and as a blocker…the stars started to align.

Cooper is great, but he’s 30.  I’d like to see him here next year though, that’s for sure.  

And still producing at a high level. The window is win now and he’s a fringe pro bowler. Jeudy hasn’t even shown #2 ability. JMHO

9 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I thought we could have gotten some room with a restructure from Myles too? 

Same and maybe we can but not according to OTC.

Next year we could get like 10 for restructuring Ward and 10 for Conklin but I think we'll cut Conklin and save the 17 million.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I do not know what happened behind closed doors or those things, but what philosophy exactly? What ideas? That made sense with AVP getting the boot, but your position coaches bow to those ideas.

I’m guessing the idea is Stefanski’s not trying to just hand out directives, he wants ideas and contributions.  Or perhaps he and stump just aligned on pretty much everything and that’s only so useful. You need dudes who are good at things you’re not.

The guy couldn’t get open opposite Garrett Wilson, he couldnt get open opposite Coop, and he couldn’t get open with 1 on 1 coverage with Njoku occupying the seam. Sure, maybe he’s a victim of poor usage and scheme, but, Occam’s Razor here.

I’m not saying it’s all scheme or usage, not even close, just that seems like part of it.

Njoku certainly proved me wrong this year and maybe Jeudy does the same. But for every Njoku, you have 2 other guys who don’t live up to the hype. That extension was done before he ever put on pads here. If they’d have done it after a great camp or something, maybe I’d be more open minded.

that’s fair.  I didn’t love the deal either but I don’t think it’s necessarily TERRIBLE.

Njoku at least had shown massive potential in the Red Zone and as a blocker…the stars started to align.

yeah for sure.

And still producing at a high level. The window is win now and he’s a fringe pro bowler. Jeudy hasn’t even shown #2 ability. JMHO

I get the reasons for pause, and no one should be sold on anything entirely just yet, but this doesn’t scream incompetent to me as much as “well, let’s hope you’re right”

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I didn’t think it made sense cutting foreman anyways. Interesting method, but I think they got where they should have with those roster decisions.

I’m assuming they either thought they had a deal in place that fell through (chargers after they got Heinicke?) or are hoping to sneak him onto the practice squad after all the initial moves were made.

• Like 1