Scooby Doo Mini-Mafia GAME OVER SPOOKS WIN

Blue

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think it is hard to assess how town is equally powered when some of their abilities are hidden from them.   It is a neat mechanic for sure, but hiding town abilities certainly affects their play

The hidden stuff was meant to be a bonus, not an integral part of the game. I think Town was more than balanced even if Scrappy hadn't successfully targeted anyone at all.

Just now, squire12 said:

why vote me on D1 and put me in tied or near the tie in votes?    

Double vote is powerful and dangerous and you seemed to be a bit wreckless with the vote

I think I disagree

double vote is powerful and dangerous, so scum is MORE likely to be spooked when it is used against them

It's like being able to singlehandedly run a train on a player and see how they react to be a very real candidate

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I think I disagree

double vote is powerful and dangerous, so scum is MORE likely to be spooked when it is used against them

It's like being able to singlehandedly run a train on a player and see how they react to be a very real candidate

you would disagree when you are scum.   But from my view, Mwil dropped his vote and this was the updated VC....under 10 minutes to go.   Scum or wreckless town and that was a problem in a small game.  

Vote Count

Mwil - 1 - Orca

Matts - 1 - Buff

Buff - 1 - Squire

Tk3 - 1 - Counselor

Hobo - 1 – Matts

Daboyle – 1- Tk3

Squire – 2 - Mwil

Edited by squire12

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

why vote me on D1 and put me in tied or near the tie in votes?    

Double vote is powerful and dangerous and you seemed to be a bit wreckless with the vote

I didn’t vote you for more than a couple minutes in order to use you as bait to see if anyone else would jump on.

And I was reckless to see if I could draw a hit and a watch on myself. It worked a little too well. I called my shot via PM with @Blue

27 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

to be fair. It was a slow game because you weren't spamming it

while it wasn't 300+ pages, it easily could have been 100 if the town players put in ANY sort of effort whatsoever

I've tried to tone down my posting volume some

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

you would disagree when you are scum.   But from my view, Mwil dropped his vote and this was the updated VC....under 10 minutes to go.   Scum or wreckless town and that was a problem in a small game.  

Vote Count

Mwil - 1 - Orca

Matts - 1 - Buff

Buff - 1 - Squire

Tk3 - 1 - Counselor

Hobo - 1 – Matts

Daboyle – 1- Tk3

Squire – 2 - Mwil

right.. what I am saying is that when mwil moved his vote around the way he did, he got a chance to get even more powerful reactions than if someone with 1 vote did it

Just now, MWil23 said:

I didn’t vote you for more than a couple minutes in order to use you as bait to see if anyone else would jump on.

And I was reckless to see if I could draw a hit and a watch on myself. It worked a little too well. I called my shot via PM with @Blue

But you did and moved off Scum.....both you and i had a strong read on Buff.   when you moved off him to me, it moved your double vote from likely town, to possible scum since there was a stolen vote in play already.

Just now, Tk3 said:

right.. what I am saying is that when mwil moved his vote around the way he did, he got a chance to get even more powerful reactions than if someone with 1 vote did it

Correct, but a double vote placed poorly is a benefit and detriment.  

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

@Blue why did you give mafia cover roles when they couldn't use them? 

Just in case people tried to start guessing Scooby characters to get around the no character claiming rule. I've seen some **** in my time running Mafia games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

But you did and moved off Scum.....both you and i had a strong read on Buff.   when you moved off him to me, it moved your double vote from likely town, to possible scum since there was a stolen vote in play already.

I moved off you to buff and to Daboyle thanks to Matt. It is what it is. I think you two over analyzed that based upon the setup. I’m a fairly aggressive player in my defense, so that’s a null tel IMO.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I moved off you to buff and to Daboyle thanks to Matt. It is what it is. I think you two over analyzed that based upon the setup. I’m a fairly aggressive player in my defense, so that’s a null tel IMO.

I think you played it extremely well. Used that power to see how things would play out. Ultimately you landed on a correct vote until you got swayed otherwise.

I was a TON more nervous at you jumping around because you had 2 votes and it was a split vote

Civs holding a larger % of the VC is pro town. I'm still struggling to understand the logic against it.

You could argue just about ANY civ power can be anti town if used poorly. A protection could save a mafia from a vig. A vig can hit another civ. A pardon can save a mafia. An invest can be tampered with.

Your role happened to be particularly strong townsided IMO, especially with the implications of the ratio

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Just in case people tried to start guessing Scooby characters to get around the no character claiming rule. I've seen some **** in my time running Mafia games.

Well I was gonna start from the top of a list of characters and ask everyone one by one if they are so and so.  I was gonna beat the no claiming rule or get modkilled trying :ph34r:xD

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

in retrospect I agree.  In real time, your move off Buff, someone you had a suspicion on most of the day, and onto me for (in my view) was a bunch of made up crap, reeked of a possible scum move from someone that stole the vote to get a double vote.  once Daboyle flipped, you rose pretty highly up the hit options.    your aggressive use of it is what raised the alarms a good amount.