Scooby Doo Mini-Mafia GAME OVER SPOOKS WIN

Blue

Anyways, some criticisms I have of my own set-up:

1. I probably should have included a tracker role, although I'm not sure who that would have been. Scooby maybe, but I didn't love the idea of the masons having another ability. At one point they were a Lovers pair, but I felt that nerfed Town far too much.

2. It didn't matter, but Velma's ability was probably nerfed a little too much; perhaps allowing her to get name/alignment results at the start of the next Night phase automatically would have been better.

3. I considered giving Daphne an extra ability if Scrappy targeted her, but I'm not sure what that would have been.

4. The Hex Girls were maybe a bit too complex for a game this size; I had them as a roleblocker at various points, but I really liked the idea of Fred as the RBer instead, so that got scrapped.

Overall this was a fun game, and watching it play out was a real treat.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I literally spent all game approaching Mwil 1.0 from the perspective of a townie

You were scum, you knew he was not aligned with you and therefore likely town.  Your penchant for using additional personal information in your argument is staggering. 

18 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You don't.....since he didn't vote you after seemingly agreeing to vote with you most of the day time prior.  Put the pieces together from the other viewpoint for a change

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

You were scum, you knew he was not aligned with you and therefore likely town.  Your penchant for using additional personal information in your argument is staggering. 

Squire: "Try to put yourself in someone else's viewpoint"

Also Squire: "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TRY TO PUT YOURSELF IN SOMEONE ELSE'S VIEWPOINT"

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Anyways, some criticisms I have of my own set-up:

1. I probably should have included a tracker role, although I'm not sure who that would have been. Scooby maybe, but I didn't love the idea of the masons having another ability. At one point they were a Lovers pair, but I felt that nerfed Town far too much.

2. It didn't matter, but Velma's ability was probably nerfed a little too much; perhaps allowing her to get name/alignment results at the start of the next Night phase automatically would have been better.

3. I considered giving Daphne an extra ability if Scrappy targeted her, but I'm not sure what that would have been.

4. The Hex Girls were maybe a bit too complex for a game this size; I had them as a roleblocker at various points, but I really liked the idea of Fred as the RBer instead, so that got scrapped.

Overall this was a fun game, and watching it play out was a real treat.

Maybe having a limited GF role for us instead of a GF would be my only real suggestion, as I felt the balance was there overall, and goodness knows Town completely fell flat. The setup was solid IMO, but we didn’t have much of a fear factor with him in a small setup where essentially we could have a N1 kill and if he’s discovered another no vote and scum kill...that’s essentially a guaranteed 2-0 for us with a 9-3-1 setup.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Maybe having a limited GF role for us instead of a GF would be my only real suggestion, as I felt the balance was there overall, and goodness knows Town completely fell flat. The setup was solid IMO, but we didn’t have much of a fear factor with him in a small setup where essentially we could have a N1 kill and if he’s discovered another no vote and scum kill...that’s essentially a guaranteed 2-0 for us with a 9-3-1 setup.

I would tend to agree with this

I can definitely see how things play out different N1 and we are looking at a totally different game, but wow did it seem like we had all the cards

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Matts could simply roleblock Tk3 for the rest of the game and scum couldn't do anything about it unless they used their one-shot ability on him--assuming they even knew who to target with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Matts could simply roleblock Tk3 for the rest of the game and scum couldn't do anything about it unless they used their one-shot ability on him--assuming they even knew who to target with it.

Very fair/true considering he was our only killer. Good point.

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

The lesson to take away is that I always seem scummy, no matter what my alignment is. So it's best to just never vote me.

That was my policy before; you're not a lurker the way some are, especially early in games. So it always seems like you're scum or at least Indy. I think you burned me once, though; don't remember which game. All I know is that I have in my catalogue that your silence doesn't tell much and is fairly common, but that doesn't mean you aren't scum.

27 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Squire: "Try to put yourself in someone else's viewpoint"

Also Squire: "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TRY TO PUT YOURSELF IN SOMEONE ELSE'S VIEWPOINT"

Where have I not allowed someone else's viewpoint?

You were scum, you had more insight into mwil 1.0 alignment.   How hard is that to comprehend?