WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

13 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

The number font has changed:

FIQv5xrX0AUTRDR?format=jpg&name=large

In 2022 the NFL has allowed teams to have multiple helmets:

FIQv4zfX0AEO4p6?format=jpg&name=large

All black helmet. 

And, I am going to go out on a limb and suggest that the names presented might not be the name at all. 

The lines on the helmet suggest, to me, the Monuments. 

I can’t see the line.

”Can’t see the line can ya Russ?” Clark Griswald 😂 

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

There’s something to be said about the points people are making about the focus. If we’re focusing on the Washington aspect and less on the name than it could just be Commanders but it’s really the colors and the city. Like what some colleges do. 

It seems like the W will be the focus too.

Its like enough to give them a direction for stuff in stadium but ostensibly stay Washington for most things.

Between Commanders and Admirals, I think Admirals sounds a little cooler. Comms vs Ads for nicknames. Comas would be a put down name, articles would probably play off that too. Both would play with sinking ships and all that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I wanted Hogs. Was willing to live with Redwolves even though I didn’t care for it. I’m warming up to Admirals. Commanders is a no go for me. So bad that I’m almost willing to find a new team or just watch Va Tech and move on from the NFL. 

RedHogs or WartHogs would be cool but I can’t do straight Hogs.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

The FO is in a bad spot too. Was most of it self inflicted? Yes. They’re tasked with replacing a name none of us fans, including the owner, wanted replaced. The name was the only thing connecting this team with its past. They’ve been tip toe-ing around trying to find what was most palatable while saying very little. It’s just sad that any new name erases so much.

I disagree that none of the fans wanted a new name. I personally thought the name needed to be changed.  I also don't think changing the name erases anything. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I disagree that none of the fans wanted a new name. I personally thought the name needed to be changed.  I also don't think changing the name erases anything. 

I disagree. I think changing the name replaces everything. I mean, nobody thinks of the Oilers when watching the Titans or the Expos when watching the Nats. It’s a total rebranding and it’s basically a different team. I’m also one of the ones who didn’t believe the name needed to be changed considering poll after poll came to that same conclusion but Snyder backed the team into a corner being a dummy. So here we are. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I disagree. I think changing the name replaces everything. I mean, nobody thinks of the Oilers when watching the Titans or the Expos when watching the Nats. It’s a total rebranding and it’s basically a different team. I’m also one of the ones who didn’t believe the name needed to be changed considering poll after poll came to that same conclusion but Snyder backed the team into a corner being a dummy. So here we are. 

I think that has more to do with the Titans relocating than rebranding. The old name was never going to fly anymore, its 2022.  They should of changed it a long time ago. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I think that has more to do with the Titans relocating than rebranding. The old name was never going to fly anymore, its 2022.  They should of changed it a long time ago. 

We don’t have to agree on the name changing bro. I’ll always respect your opinion however and you know that. 

• Like 1