WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

10 minutes ago, Daboyle said:

Considering Feb 2nd is Groundhogs Day, could the new name be some variation of Hogs? I'd rather that than Commanders or some other lame military thing.

This is interesting. They would do something like that. Maybe that’s the move. That will give me a bit of hope that it could be something remotely interesting. I was settling in for total disappointment, but perhaps they can come up with something Hogs related. At the very least, we know nobody else would have any interest in naming their team after a hog 😂

40 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Jason Wright is definitely a Dan Snyder shill. I didn’t have any affinity to red wolves, but what the hell do I as a fan care if you’re “held up in legal struggles”

Yeah, this was my take after reading that silly letter. I couldn’t care less about your legal struggles. You always have legal struggles, and I don’t care about a single one of them. 

What I do care about is that you’re passing on what even you seem to indicate is the preferred name — because it would be costly in terms of money and effort. Cool. We’ve grown accustomed for settling for less than we want here, thanks for keeping with tradition.

Looks like Brendan Darr just tweeted something about the Commanders URL being requested 20 minutes before Schefters tweet that started the whole name change deal. So my guess is it’s been commanders the whole time and like many of us believed involving the fans was a joke. 

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It’s not going to be that fun at all, JP. The only name anyone actually wants is off the table.

And yes, I’m aware that some people don’t want Redwolves — but none of those people seem to actually want anything else either. Who is out there clamoring for it to be the Commanders or the Admirals or the Brigade or even the Hogs? No one is. 

What the next month will consist of is everyone deciding which of those names they hate the most and rooting against that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

It’s not going to be that fun at all, JP. The only name anyone actually wants is off the table.

And yes, I’m aware that some people don’t want Redwolves — but none of those people seem to actually want anything else either. Who is out there clamoring for it to be the Commanders or the Admirals or the Brigade or even the Hogs? No one is. 

What the next month will consist of is everyone deciding which of those names they hate the most and rooting against that. 

I liked the Hogs lmfao 

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

Were you clamoring for it? WERE YOU CLAMORING?!?

I heard no such clamor 😂 And I wish I had, because Commanders blows.

I’ve posted it in here multiple times but I know Redwolves was the most popular. It wasn’t my favorite by any means but it was something I could live with. Also, Admirals is 100x better than Commanders but forcing the military theme because of Rivera is so weird.