WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

8 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Monuments - no actions -They don't move ! They just sit, stand there ! Can't do it .

It’s not about that, it’s about how it represents the area. For example, Capitals represents this area bc it’s the nation’s capital. The Nationals represent the nation as well. Monuments would do the same, it would represent the city.

20 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

i hate that our colors so closely resemble mcdonalds 

Because they don’t use the actual colors. It’s burgundy and Gold and we’ve been closer to Red and Yellow for a long time. I actually love the colors of the throw back unis they wear on their supposed homecoming games. 

• Like 1

Also, just announce the damn name. Stop making fans sit around waiting while you name them team something the fans had no hand in. It’s just another slap to the face. We’ve waited nearly two years and it’s a “wait some more” while rich Dan Snyder gets to assault females and ignore his teams fans. A total joke the league has allowed his ownership to continue on. Guy is a turd. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Sounds like Dan Snyder thinking to me then.

Looks like a stenciled W, maybe the monument in the middle negative space

7dlmzxgsfp981.jpg

if that is a stenciled W - then its a military focus. If that is the case, then that would be a big 🖕 to the fan base.

The flag of Washington, D.C., consists of three red stars above two red bars on a white background. It is an armorial banner based on the design of the coat of arms granted to George Washington's great-great-great-grandfather, Lawrence Washington of Sulgrave Manor, Northamptonshire, England in 1592.

It has been suggested that the stars symbolize the three commissioners who once ran the District, or that the Washington family arms were the inspiration for the original U.S. Stars and Stripes; neither assertion has any historical substantiation.
————————————————————

Maybe the 3stars on the jersey represents what’s on the Wash DC Flag   

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

2 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

its gonna be washington groundhogs. you can go look on the trademark website. It was filed december 29th

And the fact the announcement is on Groundhogs Day is so stupid - makes me think Snyders just chuckling to himself at the irony.  Or a squeaky villain laugh.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

The flag of Washington, D.C., consists of three red stars above two red bars on a white background. It is an armorial banner based on the design of the coat of arms granted to George Washington's great-great-great-grandfather, Lawrence Washington of Sulgrave Manor, Northamptonshire, England in 1592.

It has been suggested that the stars symbolize the three commissioners who once ran the District, or that the Washington family arms were the inspiration for the original U.S. Stars and Stripes; neither assertion has any historical substantiation.
————————————————————

Maybe the 3stars on the jersey represents what’s on the Wash DC Flag   

I said that a few pages ago.