2021 NFL Draft Prospects

Payton Turner should be a big name for our predict the prospect draft games in a couple months. Can guarantee the FO will love him. Big, Athletic, Versatile, and High Motor EDGE prospect with a surprising toolbox. Could remind EDC of Za'Darius with his inside/outside versatility.

Big chance we have to let one Houston EDGE player go in Tyus Bowser, only to draft another one in the 2nd Round this year.

On 1/25/2021 at 6:03 PM, DreamKid said:

Let's hope this guy is more right about this than he was about Tyre Phillips becoming our 2020 Kelichi Osemele. 🤔

Well the fact that he doesn’t like Drake Jackson is already a red mark on his resume to me. Dude is the ideal fit within our center room. One of the best run blockers in college football. He also didn’t allow a sack this season either IIRC. I look at his tape and constantly come away impressed with his balance and snapping ability as well. Could be one of those mid round steals that the center position seems to provide in the draft on a regular enough basis.

In terms of Humphrey, his snapping is something that I’ve never seen a problem with, but I’ve heard has popped up to a degree, but outside of that, he’s a similar talent to an Elgton Jenkins coming out a few years back with regards to balance, power, and quickness in short spaces. Though Creed seemingly has superior upper body strength. Creed would make for a top notch guard, even if his snapping issues are a concern, but if those issues are overplayed than he makes for a top notch center option as well.

I’ll have to look back over Landon Dickerson. His balance didn’t impress me upon my first viewing of his tape. Myers also had some balance struggles from what I recall. That’s a weakness that is generally magnified once at the NFL level and with Dickerson being largely a one hit wonder, he certainly doesn’t make me comfortable to gamble on, though I hope another team takes him as Center Prospect #1 so that either Jackson or Humphrey fall to us in good spots.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I always love it when advanced stats back up what I’m seeing on the tape with guys... because I loved all three of Smith, Olave, and Wallace as ideal fits for the Ravens. Wallace is the worst athlete of the bunch, but he’d still make for a lovely 2nd round pick for us. A good combination between developmental potential as well as pro-readiness that we don’t have to rely on our staff to particularly cultivate.

I see a Derrick Mason type with him. Back shoulder throw intermediate window throws along the sideline. Has enough speed to be used as an occasional deep threat, but also can get some yards on 2-3 yd hitch routes in the event defenses play those soft zones/off man coverages. Using a lot of that in tandem with the RPO with slants and hitch routes in the same direction for Lamar to read and make quick decisions would present greater efficiency to our offensive attack, for sure.

12 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I always love it when advanced stats back up what I’m seeing on the tape with guys... because I loved all three of Smith, Olave, and Wallace as ideal fits for the Ravens. Wallace is the worst athlete of the bunch, but he’d still make for a lovely 2nd round pick for us. A good combination between developmental potential as well as pro-readiness that we don’t have to rely on our staff to particularly cultivate.

I see a Derrick Mason type with him. Back shoulder throw intermediate window throws along the sideline. Has enough speed to be used as an occasional deep threat, but also can get some yards on 2-3 yd hitch routes in the event defenses play those soft zones/off man coverages. Using a lot of that in tandem with the RPO with slants and hitch routes in the same direction for Lamar to read and make quick decisions would present greater efficiency to our offensive attack, for sure.

Like what are we missing with this guy I don't get it. BOA, production, deep threat, contested catcher/strong hands, YAC. Why is he not being talked about more or getting first round consideration? I understand that this class is pretty top heavy.

Are people afraid of his frame and think hes going to turn out to be someone like Devin Smith? I don't remember Devin Smith's tape looking this good.

Edited by BareYourTeeth
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Like what are we missing with this guy I don't get it. BOA, production, deep threat, contested catcher/strong hands, YAC. Why is he not being talked about more or getting first round consideration? I understand that this class is pretty top heavy.

Are people afraid of his frame and think hes going to turn out to be someone like Devin Smith? I don't remember Devin Smith's tape looking this good.

Likely has more to do with the rest of the receiver class. He’s not as athletically gifted as the top receivers and his traits aren’t special.

Also his tape against aggressive press man corners when he faced Tulsa leaved something to be desired. His plan to just run around the press won’t work in the NFL. The first cut up is 2020 and the second is 2019.

But so his plan for beating press can be exploited at the NFL level and he’s also got durability concerns. He already tore his ACL and his identical twin brother tore his ACL three times (1 once and the other twice) and was forced to medically retire. So I’d be concerned about that as well.

So within a class with guys like Smith and Chase that have obviously put themselves on another level. Then add in the elite athleticism guys like Waddle/Moore who also have production. Then a similarly styled receiver with better traits and athleticism in Rashod Bateman. Then you’ve got guys with more upside but are less pro ready like Terrace Marshall. It’s a lot of receivers ahead of him in some form or another. He just offers nothing special enough for 1st round consideration when compared to the other options, even if his individual fit is better for our squad.

Like if I’m the Chiefs/Steelers, no way would I take Wallace over Marshall because they’re known for having receivers reach their upside... and Marshall’s upside is probably one of the higher ones within this class IMO. But Wallace is easily the better fit for our system and considering our ability to develop receivers.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

He already tore his ACL and his identical twin brother tore his ACL three times (1 once and the other twice) and was forced to medically retire. So I’d be concerned about that as well.

Wonder if that could drop him safely into 3rd/4th Round Territory?

• Like 1