2021 NFL Draft Prospects

100% agree with you guys. Felt that exact same way after his Senior Bowl performance. The kid just looks special. Again, not advocating defense with our first, but if there were a name to be called, I would be happy with James. Now, if we can snag him with our 2nd/3rd round pick, that might just be the steal of the draft.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Richie Grant is a classic case of a guy possibly changing his whole life with a dominant Senior Bowl performance. 

I'm seeing a lot of Late 2- Early 3rd buzz. That's how much he impressed. Kudos to him, he balled out and showed almost every skill set you want out of a Safety.

Interesting. That must mean that he’s a possible 1st round pick then. This reminds me of Jordyn Brooks and his ascension into the 1st round via the Seahawks. I think even after mock draft season he was still considered a 2nd/3rd round guy, but he had athleticism, instincts, and traits that all made for a fringe 1st round talent as well. Could see the same here with Grant. Our only hope with him might ultimately be with the 1st round pick.

7 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

100% agree with you guys. Felt that exact same way after his Senior Bowl performance. The kid just looks special. Again, not advocating defense with our first, but if there were a name to be called, I would be happy with James. Now, if we can snag him with our 2nd/3rd round pick, that might just be the steal of the draft.

Agreed. He looks like he’s going to go somewhere between pick 25 and 50. At least their seems to be forming a quality path of talent for us to look towards with a trade down. The more talents we can use within that range, the better.

A trade down scenario where we move to the top of the 2nd round and move around the board so that on day 2 we can find ways to accumulate some combination of 3-4 of these options would be fantastic:

Terrace Marshall, WR
Richie Grant, FS
Wyatt Davis, RG
Teven Jenkins, RG/RT
Creed Humphrey, C
Pat Freiermuth, TE
Jalen Mayfield, OL
Trevon Moehrig, FS
Liam Eichenberg, OL
Jackson Carmen, OL
Rashaad Weaver, Edge
Ardarius Washington, FS
Jordan Smith, Edge
Dwayne Eskridge, WR
Tylan Wallace, WR

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

I will say though, Tremble just has the name of a dominant run blocking TE.

Yea when you have a name like that you have to play good. It's a double edged sword. If you're the savage out there then it's all good, but if you play like a p*ssy then that whole 'Tremble' theme is getting flipped back on you 😆.

• Like 1

Tamorrion Terry has a really weird profile. Breaks out as a RS FR, but is already 20 by that point. Explodes the following year with 1200 yards and 9 TDs, but decides to return to school. Then leaves the FSU program in November of last season.

So he'll be 23 Y/O when the season starts with a bundle of red flags, but then also has plays like this on his highlight reel-

Interesting evaluation for the FO. Here's a nice thread on him-

Both Quincy Roche and Victor Dimukeje are hometown players and potential draft targets. Roche is from Randallstown, MD and attended New Town HS. Dimukeje is from Baltimore, MD and attended Boys Latin HS. Quincy would be in the 2nd & 3rd Round range while Victor will be a later round/UDFA guy. (Chase Young was also a MD kid, but obviously...isn't a potential acquisition- unless WFT really likes OBJ 😂). 

• Like 2

Dyami Brown is an example of a good fit WR for Lamar. He's an outside playmaker who consistently separates either early or deep, but he's also capable of making the contested catch. He'd make life easy on Jackson, who doesn't like congested windows on outside throws. Would really hurt defenses when Lamar extends the play for ungodly lengths too.

Analytics are all there for Dynami as well, good BOA, great YPR, etc. Probably goes in that 3rd-4th Round range. Consider him a Devin Duvernay type, an early-mid round consolation option we can still hype up after inevitably missing out on the big name WRs of the Early Draft Portion & FA.

24 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I haven’t made it to watching Brown, but I like what I saw there. That last clip.. 😂.. how disrespectful... and AJ Terrell was a 1st round corner. Love the confidence at least. I think I’m inspired to watch more.

Best game with regard to catching the football, but wasn’t his best game from a separation standpoint. The NC State corners remained tight on him most of the game. 

Best game in terms of explosive plays. Had another deep TD called back due to OPI that was kind of soft. But he also had at least two easy drops.

Had some solid contested catches, also had some drop/PBUs allowed. Most explosive play came against zone defense. He seems especially good at finding the soft spots in a zone.

Did a nice job separating against off man coverage and finding the holes in zones. 

My thoughts, I’m impressed, but not overly impressed... mainly because Brown’s hands leave something to be desired. I’ve seen too many easy drops or plays where he could’ve better shielded the ball from the defender that allowed for PBU’s. While he attacks the football in the air, which I like, he doesn’t seem like a natural hands catcher.

I do really like him as a run blocker, he gets after it and certainly has the mentality of a Ravens WR. His separation skills seem best against zone and off coverage, seems to struggle most against lengthy corners that get into his frame; his route releases are good, but not great nor elite. His feet are explosive and quick, but he doesn’t manipulate defenders with his upper body, typically his feet and shoulders are traveling within the same direction, which is what separates a Dyami Brown from the elite route release guys like DeVonta Smith.

All in all, Brown possesses some similarities to Torrey Smith from a size, deep ball ability, and hands perspective. Smith had the more elite hamstrings to separate better deep, while Brown is better in his recognition of zone defenses and how to manipulate it and find a soft spot within it.

He’s a worthy 3rd round WR option that needs to develop his hands and could still use work on using his upper body fakes to create additional separation against man coverage.

• Like 1