2021 NFL Draft Prospects

7 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Wonder if that could drop him safely into 3rd/4th Round Territory?

I could certainly see him falling to the 3rd round with all the OL talent that teams will likely prioritize early to a greater degree than what draftnicks seem to be doing.

Though I don’t know if he would last to our selection in the 3rd round, unless we accumulate an early 3rd round pick from a trade down. He’s got a better resume than a Devin Duvernay, so while it’s possible he falls, I think ultimately he goes early 3rd.

5 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Drake Jackson seems to be popping for a lot of analysts already during Senior Bowl practices.

I’m glad to see him doing well. He’s definitely someone we should be keeping our eyes on for day 3 or perhaps with our 3rd round comp. I could see the squad double dip along the IOL with a Creed Humphrey early than with a Drake Jackson later. Same double dip strategy as we did with Hollywood and Boykin as well as Hurst and Andrews. The center position has been a problem area and it wouldn’t surprise me to see us just draft two great players into the position and let everyone battle it out for supremacy.

On a related note, just realized with Brown Jr back at RT that could give us all Oklahoma starters on the right side of our OL.

But yeah, a center double dip could be a smart strategy. Mekari would then either get the start at RG or be our swing OL option.

5 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

But yeah, a center double dip could be a smart strategy. Mekari would then either get the start at RG or be our swing OL option.

Seems like our IOL guys rarely stay at one position anyway. Jensen floated G & C, same with Boze. Mekari came in as a Tackle. If we double dipped like that I'd be really excited.

I mean some combo of 2021 Pick #1, 2021 Pick #2, Ben Powers, Tyre Phillips, Ben Bredeson, Patrick Mekari, 2021 FA signing?, etc- Would have to do something for us right? No way it doesn't move the needle. Love how deep this IOL class appears and how primed we seem for an influx of talent.

• Like 1

@drd23 What's your read on that DeCosta video, kind of weird no?

It's almost like he's being passive aggressive towards the fanbase, while simultaneously running a psyop. He's actually been pretty forthcoming with names when he's attended the Senior Bowl in the past as well, but when he's staring right into the camera like that with his glass eyes.. it just takes on a different vibe.

Seems like EDC just gets off on all this stuff, he loves 'playing the game'. Was always kind of the head of our FO Black Ops and now it's funny watching him carry the same demeanor out of the shadows and into the light as the true GM.

Also, is this why his wife is so active on twitter? 😅 She's trying to scout the Flock hoes enchanted by her husband's demon magic eyes lol. The NFL expanding it's pool of female executives could really pay off for us with EDC at the helm. He's already pulling heist trades off on his male peers....., I think it's time we start seeing some women get a shot at GM-

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

@drd23 What's your read on that DeCosta video, kind of weird no?

It's almost like he's being passive aggressive towards the fanbase, while simultaneously running a psyop.

I guess you could read it as passive aggressive.

I think it's about trying to allay the fears of the segment of Ravens fans out there that have interpreted the comments by Harbaugh and him re: the offense as complacency and/or being happy with the WRs we have now.  I also think there's an element of laying the groundwork when we inevitably don't sign a big-name FA WR like many of us want, of being able to point to things like this video and say to the fans "Hey, we've been doing lots of work to get some new talent in at the position and here's some evidence of it".

As for the comments about his eyes, I only listened to the video while doing other things so I can't comment 😂

• Like 3

It could mean nothing or might mean he prefers Rashod Bateman and/or Terrace Marshall Jr. and is planning on taking one of them. 

Who knows. All I know is it certainly isn't something Ozzie ever did or would do. EDC has a set of balls on him for sure.

Edited by BareYourTeeth

Given the number of FA's we have there, EDGE makes a lot of sense as a priority in the draft on defense but based on EDC's comments this week I wonder if there's a shift in the way we approach pass rush overall. Maybe we add some middle tier FA's there and look in the middle rounds for another Madibuike's along the DL who can collapse the pocket and get interior rush quickly. 

5 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

It could mean nothing or might mean he prefers Rashod Bateman and/or Terrace Marshall Jr. and is planning on taking one of them. 

Who knows. All I know is it certainly isn't something Ozzie ever did or would do. EDC has a set of balls on him for sure.

Marshall and Bateman aren’t eligible for the Senior Bowl as underclassmen, otherwise I’m sure he would’ve given them a shoutout as well, according to their consensus national media draft order. 😂

I think EDC simply loves these prospects and his strategy is to be overly open so other teams can’t get a bead on our preferred draft prospects. With Ozzie any bit of information that could be gleaned could lead you to making quality assumptions as to what direction he was looking to go with team building and particular players.

But with he EDC really just mentioned the draft consensus best WRs in order of where you’d find them on any site ranking, then listed their common notables from similar sites, nothing more. So if an opposing team were to take his comments as us wanting one of these 4 guys, they’d be right on some level, but on the other it gives little information to be gleaned.

With EDC this is simply a game within the game. Tell the public what the public already knows and no one will get an appropriate bead on his strategy if it comes out that we “like x player” instead it would come across as business as usual.

7 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Given the number of FA's we have there, EDGE makes a lot of sense as a priority in the draft on defense but based on EDC's comments this week I wonder if there's a shift in the way we approach pass rush overall. Maybe we add some middle tier FA's there and look in the middle rounds for another Madibuike's along the DL who can collapse the pocket and get interior rush quickly. 

If for some reason we didn't resign any of Ngakoue, Judon, Bowser, or even McPhee. I'd consider EDGE our no brainer 1st Round route given how we've approached the Round in each of EDC's first two years at the helm.

In 2019 we had nothing at WR and picked Marquise Brown. In 2020 we had nothing at ILB and picked Patrick Queen. Young upside options at the barest position, that's how we've picked recently.

I don't view DeCosta's comments as smoke though and genuinely agree that outside pass rush is devalued(somewhat) within our system and league wide. Our committee approach to the position worked pretty well last year too.

Don't view Harbaugh's comments about OL being the priority as smoke either. I think it is.

Here's a look at our four major(Or simply biggest) areas of need and what's going on at each spot-

*Age during 2021 Season & (Year of UFA)

*Not ranked in order of need, simply listed.

1. EDGE- Yannick Ngakoue 26YO (UFA), Matt Judon 29YO (UFA), Tyus Bowser 26YO (UFA), Pernell McPhee 33YO (UFA), Jihad Ward 27YO (UFA), Jaylon Ferguson 26YO (2023)

2020 Position Grade: C+/B-

Need: Potentially two starters(SAM + RUSH) + Rotational Depth/Youth

2. Safety- Chuck Clark 25YO (2024), DeShon Elliot 23YO (2022), Anthony Levine Sr. 34YO (UFA), Jordan Richards 29YO (UFA)

2020 Position Grade: C+

Need: 3rd Starter(FS) + Depth/Youth

3. IOL- G/C Bradley Bozeman 27YO (2022), G/C Patrick Mekari 24 YO (2023), G Ben Powers 25 YO (2023), T/G Tyre Phillips 24 YO (2024), G Ben Bredeson 23 YO (2024), G/C Matt Skura 28 YO (UFA)

2020 Position Grade: D

Need: Significant upgrade, at least two new starters(C + RG)

4. WR- Marquise Brown 24YO (2023), Miles Boykin 25 YO (2023), Devin Duvernay 24 YO (2024), James Proche 25 YO (2024), Dez Bryant 33 YO (UFA), Chris Moore 28 YO (UFA), Willie Snead 29 YO (UFA)

2020 Position Grade: D-

Need: Significant upgrade, at least two new starters(X-WR + Z-WR)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

If for some reason we didn't resign any of Ngakoue, Judon, Bowser, or even McPhee. I'd consider EDGE our no brainer 1st Round route given how we've approached the Round in each of EDC's first two years at the helm.

Yeah I guess I should clarify that I didn't mean not re-signing any of them, I meant that more in the sense of letting both Judon and Ngakoue walk, and instead coming out of FA with a rotation that looks something like Bowser/McPhee/Ward and then maybe a cheaper FA like Markus Golden or something. 

1 minute ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Yeah I guess I should clarify that I didn't mean not re-signing any of them, I meant that more in the sense of letting both Judon and Ngakoue walk, and instead coming out of FA with a rotation that looks something like Bowser/McPhee/Ward and then maybe a cheaper FA like Markus Golden or something. 

Oh I know you didn't. I was just kind of spring boarding off your post to make a general overview of what might be our approach in the 1st Round and the current landscape of our 'need' areas. Probably didn't need to quote your post tbh, my bad on that.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

In 2019 we had nothing at WR and picked Marquise Brown. In 2020 we had nothing at ILB and picked Patrick Queen. Young upside options at the barest position, that's how we've picked recently.

I don't view DeCosta's comments as smoke though and genuinely agree that outside pass rush is devalued(somewhat) within our system and league wide. Our committee approach to the position worked pretty well last year too.

Don't view Harbaugh's comments about OL being the priority as smoke either. I think it is.

Here's a look at our four major(Or simply biggest) areas of need and what's going on at each spot-

*Age during 2021 Season & (Year of UFA)

*Not ranked in order of need, simply listed.

1. EDGE- Yannick Ngakoue 26YO (UFA), Matt Judon 29YO (UFA), Tyus Bowser 26YO (UFA), Pernell McPhee 33YO (UFA), Jihad Ward 27YO (UFA), Jaylon Ferguson 26YO (2023)

2020 Position Grade: C+/B-

Need: Potentially two starters(SAM + RUSH) + Rotational Depth/Youth

2. Safety- Chuck Clark 25YO (2024), DeShon Elliot 23YO (2022), Anthony Levine Sr. 34YO (UFA), Jordan Richards 29YO (UFA)

2020 Position Grade: C+

Need: 3rd Starter(FS) + Depth/Youth

3. IOL- G/C Bradley Bozeman 27YO (2022), G/C Patrick Mekari 24 YO (2023), G Ben Powers 25 YO (2023), T/G Tyre Phillips 24 YO (2024), G Ben Bredeson 23 YO (2024), G/C Matt Skura 28 YO (UFA)

2020 Position Grade: D

Need: Significant upgrade, at least two new starters(C + RG)

4. WR- Marquise Brown 24YO (2023), Miles Boykin 25 YO (2023), Devin Duvernay 24 YO (2024), James Proche 25 YO (2024), Dez Bryant 33 YO (UFA), Chris Moore 28 YO (UFA), Willie Snead 29 YO (UFA)

2020 Position Grade: D-

Need: Significant upgrade, at least two new starters(X-WR + Z-WR)

He also double dipped in both instances taking Miles Boykin and Malik Harrison in the 3rd rounds. 

If he decides to let them all walk then that will have to mean that he uses the cap to buy offense. I can see it.

• Like 1

Some guys that stood out to me watching the above clips:
Ritchie Grant- Dude plays with a lot of fire, heart, and competitiveness. You can tell he practices how he plays, seeing that from a safety in cover drills was impressive.

Drake Jackson- Great job anchoring vs Wilson, even with Wilson only looking mediocre, Jackson probably had one of the best looking reps against him.

Creed Humphrey- When he dealt with size and could just anchor that rep went easy, he still won all his other reps, even matching the speed rush of Patrick Jones II, who was pretty trash in these drills, but the athleticism/foot quickness from Humphrey was on display. Humphrey also seemed to have the best rep of any OL on the Ohio State pass rusher, Jonathan Cooper.

Jonathan Cooper- Humphrey was one of the few reps where he wasn’t making an impact upfront. Deserves a more extensive watching of his games moving forward.

Sage Surrat- I watched one tape of his for about 2 minutes and wasn’t impressed enough to stick around. His size, hands, agility, and strength combination demands a rewatch.

Kadarius Toney- Easily gets separation, had some uncharacteristic drops, and his catching wasn’t the cleanest of the bunch on day two, but his separation ability is definitely top notch. He sort of reminds me of Torrey Smith with those hamstrings and their ability to pull away deep.

Quincy Roche- His speed rush was incredibly effective and he was able to adjust mid rush as well. Very explosive athlete. I thought his tape was overshadowed by his teammate at Miami, but I’ll have to rewatch and pay more attention to him.

D’Wayne Eskridge- Stood out for similar reasons as Tony, very explosive player. Will add him as someone’s tape I need to rewatch.
______

Somewhat disappointed with Tylan Wallace. Love the ability to make contested catches, but he just didn’t  seem as explosive as the other options available at WR. I’m looking forward to more videos.

Edited by diamondbull424