Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

2 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Fair, but I would look at some of their veterans with expiring deals. You guys are such a young team, adding some quality veterans, even if you flip em at the deadline, would help.

Also Leafs apparently looking at trading Anderson, Kerfoot, Johnsson and Engvall. I wonder if they are gonna make a run at Pietreangelo.

It's weird that they are selling off so much of their depth rather than cashing in on nylander. Because of the elc replacements, they basically have to sell off three people to save what they are saving by unloading nylander... And while a lot of those guys are theoretically replaceable, that's a lot of players to hope pan out. You have to have depth

On 8/26/2020 at 9:37 PM, Forge said:

It's weird that they are selling off so much of their depth rather than cashing in on nylander. Because of the elc replacements, they basically have to sell off three people to save what they are saving by unloading nylander... And while a lot of those guys are theoretically replaceable, that's a lot of players to hope pan out. You have to have depth

I mean if the Leafs fail to go deep into the playoffs next season, you have to think Dubas will get the axe. I reckon he's hoping his top tier talent shines through and carries the team (which I don't think will happen).

51 minutes ago, Forge said:

Are the Islanders the closest thing we've had to the mid 90s devils since then? 

Absolutely. I don't see how they get by Tampa but I'm pulling for them. I may hate how Lou handle the end of his tenure in Jersey but I'm pulling hard for the Isles right now. Andy Greene deserves a Cup.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Someone explain the Dallas Stars for me. How does a team look like the best team in the league and then also the Edmonton Oilers of the league all within one game? How are they up 3-1 on the Avalanche. Good grief. How half their fans haven't had a cardiac episode is beyond me.

They looked like crap against the Flames half the time and now they are throttling the Avs lol. This is what makes hockey great.

The Stars just have Denver’s number for whatever reason. The Avs were the same against the Blackhawks a couple when Chicago was clearly the better team in the standing. Some teams just match up well. Hopefully CO can make a series of this.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Florida hired zito as gm. Think that's a bang up hire. He's been checking a gm gig for a while now and has been credited with find a tremendous job in Columbus

Just hope Q doesn't overrule him. Having input into the hire is one thing, having too much power in the FO role is something that Florida doesn't need.

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Just wait until they trade for Andersen too

The goalie market this offseason is going to wild. Toronto is going to do something stupid to try be competitive with the big 4, Phoenix will look to trade Keumper (sp?), Penguins have to trade either Jarry or Murray. Add Markstrom and Lehner being free agents, Fleury probably moving on. Then you have NYR wildcards (either Georgiav (sp?) or Henrik leaving) too.

45 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

The goalie market this offseason is going to wild. Toronto is going to do something stupid to try be competitive with the big 4, Phoenix will look to trade Keumper (sp?), Penguins have to trade either Jarry or Murray. Add Markstrom and Lehner being free agents, Fleury probably moving on. Then you have NYR wildcards (either Georgiav (sp?) or Henrik leaving) too.

You forgot Holtby too.  If the cap stays flat or goes down, no way can the Caps afford to keep him.  Samsonov is on an entry level deal as his replacement.