Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

1 hour ago, Shady Slim said:

well not so fast! maybe joysey are getting us after all...

just as i type this ovi nets 49... i really do want to see him hit fifty, overtime perhaps so y'all can get the caps round one and 'lumbus get the privilege of a first round exit for tanking

Kinda wish we were, but definitely aren't tanking. 

Resting starters sure, but basically everyone that clinched playoffs is doing that.

5 hours ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Kinda wish we were, but definitely aren't tanking. 

Resting starters sure, but basically everyone that clinched playoffs is doing that.

will take your word for it bro

hope we can see each other round two :P 

7 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

will take your word for it bro

hope we can see each other round two :P 

Just don’t see the motivation for tanking. Dodge the second place team to face the first place in the division? We got 2 points versus the Caps and 2 against the Pens on the year so we will be underdogs against both. 

And it would be awesome to face the Pens as that would mean we had won our first playoff series ever!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Just don’t see the motivation for tanking. Dodge the second place team to face the first place in the division? We got 2 points versus the Caps and 2 against the Pens on the year so we will be underdogs against both. 

And it would be awesome to face the Pens as that would mean we had won our first playoff series ever!

i suppose you could make the argument you match up better against the caps if you subscribe to the theory that bobrovsky suddenly turns in to a potato v the pens

super keen because metro matchups always excite 

20 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Panthers up 3-1 on Boston.

Yeah, just hoping they hold on. Tampa would be just as hard an out, but skill matchup is much better, and the 3-0 record this season gives me a false sense of confidence against them lol

I'll be curious to see what we do lineup wise. I know bratt is likely to sit, but I like the way his skill would play in this series. We better not see Stafford though. Will be curious if we play johansson if he's cleared to play. I know he's skating and practicing, but he'd be pretty rusty.