Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Damn, he must feel really good about Tkachuk not falling off right when he hits his 30s 

This trade, now extension is really curious. Tkachuk just simply disappeared against the Oilers. We shall see how it works out for Florida but I still feel Calgary fleeced them.

3 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

This trade, now extension is really curious. Tkachuk just simply disappeared against the Oilers. We shall see how it works out for Florida but I still feel Calgary fleeced them.

And that Florida defense is abysmal now. I get that they probably didn't want to invest money into 30 year old Huberdeau and 29 year old Weegar but they have nothing behind Ekblad defensively. They are going to be brutal in their own zone.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 6:47 PM, beekay414 said:

And that Florida defense is abysmal now. I get that they probably didn't want to invest money into 30 year old Huberdeau and 29 year old Weegar but they have nothing behind Ekblad defensively. They are going to be brutal in their own zone.

I think Florida over valued Tkachuk. 

I don’t know how they replace what they’ve given up.

8 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I think Florida over valued Tkachuk. 

I don’t know how they replace what they’ve given up.

They're putting a ton of stock into Gustav Forsling, is what I'm taking from this. Not sure he's ready to be a top pairing dman but he's going to be forced into that role. They're super screwed if Ekblad goes down though.

Forsling, MDZ, Gudas, Montour, Staal, Carlsson, Sjalin, Kinnunen

Just brutal.

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

They're putting a ton of stock into Gustav Forsling, is what I'm taking from this. Not sure he's ready to be a top pairing dman but he's going to be forced into that role. They're super screwed if Ekblad goes down though.

Forsling, MDZ, Gudas, Montour, Stahl, Carlson, Sjalin, Kinnunen

Just brutal.

Things that make you go hmmmm.

Perhaps another trade.