2020 Busts

naptownskinsfan

Aaron Rodgers, Carson Wentz on the QB front, Chris Carson, Mark Ingram for RB, Keenan Allen scares me, Cooper Kupp for WR, and TE depends where you got them ranked but Hooper and Higbee should not be considered safe top ten TE's

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 11:50 PM, vikes635 said:

Aaron Rodgers, Carson Wentz on the QB front, Chris Carson, Mark Ingram for RB, Keenan Allen scares me, Cooper Kupp for WR, and TE depends where you got them ranked but Hooper and Higbee should not be considered safe top ten TE's

Mark Ingram will start strong but I imagine he loses carries as the season goes on.  But Baltimore will have three running backs involved, and that's a tough ask to get much value out of any of them.  

13 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Mark Ingram will start strong but I imagine he loses carries as the season goes on.  But Baltimore will have three running backs involved, and that's a tough ask to get much value out of any of them.  

At Dobbins ADP or wouldn’t surprise me if he’s the bust. Ingram’s good, hasn’t shown any sign of breaking down, and is infinitely better on 3rd downs at this point. Many are betting that Dobbins will somehow miraculously take Ingrams job. Why? Because he was a mid-2nd round pick? The Ravens only save $4 million in 2021 by getting rid of Ingram. That’s nothing...especially considering that the Ravens will almost certainly always have the ball shared by a number of backs because of how often they run. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

At Dobbins ADP or wouldn’t surprise me if he’s the bust. Ingram’s good, hasn’t shown any sign of breaking down, and is infinitely better on 3rd downs at this point. Many are betting that Dobbins will somehow miraculously take Ingrams job. Why? Because he was a mid-2nd round pick? The Ravens only save $4 million in 2021 by getting rid of Ingram. That’s nothing...especially considering that the Ravens will almost certainly always have the ball shared by a number of backs because of how often they run. 

Right, and with Covid, there is going to be a lot less practices and no preseason for Dobbins.  This is why I think Ingram starts strong and then loses carries as the season goes on.  Might be a sell-high candidate after a few weeks. 

On 7/21/2020 at 9:07 AM, GordyTheGoffer said:

Will Fuller, Jared Goff, Breshad Perriman

Jared Goff is currently the 17th QB off the board with two highly drafted WR and an offense that hasn't been outside the top 10 in PPG since Mcvay came.

How in the world will he be a bust?

Surprised to see Kupp mentioned. He was a top five WR last season and was on pace to actual beat the same points tally the year before, well before he got injured. He wasn’t used in the slot as much towards the back end of last season, guess there is that, but he had a TD in all of his last five games.

Kupp is a lock in for 80+ receptions, 8+ TD and 1000+ yards. He’s not even drafted as one of the top WRs either - he’s only just in the top 20. 

I think he will have more playmaking opportunities in light of Cooks departing. I’d be absolutely stunned if he wasn’t the Rams number 1 WR and top 10. 

12 hours ago, DerbyRam said:

Surprised to see Kupp mentioned. He was a top five WR last season and was on pace to actual beat the same points tally the year before, well before he got injured. He wasn’t used in the slot as much towards the back end of last season, guess there is that, but he had a TD in all of his last five games.

Kupp is a lock in for 80+ receptions, 8+ TD and 1000+ yards. He’s not even drafted as one of the top WRs either - he’s only just in the top 20. 

I think he will have more playmaking opportunities in light of Cooks departing. I’d be absolutely stunned if he wasn’t the Rams number 1 WR and top 10. 

For me I guess it depends on which Kupp you expect this year. Is it the one before he got hurt or the one after? I am curious to see if he goes back to being used more in the slot or is the Two TE set used late last year more of the base offense used?

11 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

For me I guess it depends on which Kupp you expect this year. Is it the one before he got hurt or the one after? I am curious to see if he goes back to being used more in the slot or is the Two TE set used late last year more of the base offense used?

And with that is the question about Higbee too. if the 2 TE sets are normal he could very well be a Top-5 TE

On 7/30/2020 at 4:38 PM, JonStark said:

Jared Goff is currently the 17th QB off the board with two highly drafted WR and an offense that hasn't been outside the top 10 in PPG since Mcvay came.

How in the world will he be a bust?

I explained some place but cant find it. Goff's best ability is his deep pass. I'm a fan. His deep pass is up there with the best. However the RAMs are short on speed this season after Cooks went to Texas. Through the WR, RB & TE groups they have middling speed at best. They seem to be going with the logic that if you have great route runners you don't need speed. Maybe that works, maybe it does not but every year we see teams lack offensive ability because a team lacks deep speed. It allows the secondary to squeeze up and take away the underneath and that allows the pass rush to pin back their ears and attack more. The Rams don't have the O line for that, well not that we know of from last year anyway. This is speculation thread, I'm speculating only but hopefully that explains it fella.

• Like 1