Official Notre Dame Thread

roysmyboy31

Can't wait to hear what boring 2nd tier bowl we'll go to.  So sick of Kelly.  Wanted him gone after last year and the way this year has concluded has only intensified my desire for him to be gone.  Unforunately, the AD seems to love him and I find it hard to believe he will be fired after a 9-3 season (maybe 10-3 if we win the bowl).  There was a time where Kelly was the right guy to pick up the pieces left by Charlie Weis, but as time has gone on, we have not gotten any closer to being a true title contender.  It has been 8 years and his track record of having teams collapse at the end of the season, fade in the face of adversity, and of not developing good QBs is pretty strong at this point.  Wimbush is probably the worst thrower I have seen at ND.  There needs to be a full QB competition next year and god help us if there is not a better thrower than Wimbush in the group.

Not even sure who we would even get at this point, but I know Brian Kelly is not the answer for the program.  Tired of the constant mediocrity.

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Were I y'all I would be offering David Shaw however many dumptrucks full of money he wants.

Won't happen. The reality that ND fans don't want to hear is that they probably won't do better than Brian Kelly. Who are the top coaches on the market? Frost isn't going to ND. After him, who really is an ideal fit for ND? The only thing that could help ND is if a NFL team fires a good coach, but it seems like programs don't want to wait that long. Les Miles is really the only proven big name out there. And he's not getting a lot of press right now (for whatever reason).

Edited by jrry32

Hopefully relief will come soon. The Browns of the NFL look headed towards another coaching change for next season. I think Kelly would be a perfect fit for them. ND will be rid of him that way

Edited by pf9

I stand by my view of no longer playing our California rivals on the road. We need that home field advantage. If nothing else Stanford and USC should be forced to move their home games in these series to neutral sites (still in warm weather areas) ala Navy.

Edited by pf9

I'm not gonna complain about this season. My preseason prediction was that we would finish 6-6, at best 7-5. 9-3 was a nice surprise, and this year's team overachieved (especially the defense). Like it or not, Brian Kelly's job is safe until the next losing season. The good thing about finishing 9-3 is that this team is probably better than that, which means we'll most likely be able to send the seniors out with a bowl victory.

We got LSU in the Citrus Bowl.  We got a New Year's Day Bowl against a quality opponent.  A win there would be nice to go into the offseason on a high note after a bad end to the season not to mention it should help recruiting beating a high level SEC school on a New Year's Day bowl.  That being said, I don't think we 'll win.  The way we played the last 4 games really destroyed my confidence in the team and LSU looked better later in the year.  Their defensive talent will likely cause our offense fits unless Brandon Wimbush suddenly learned how to pass consistently.

• 3 weeks later...

Stepherson, Holmes suspended indefinitely

RB CJ Holmes and WR Kevin Stepherson both have been suspended by the team indefinitely after being arrested for shoplifting.  Such a stupid thing to do and right before a bowl game as well.  This is Holmes' first offense, so he'll probably be back with the team next year after he is held accountable.  As for Stepherson, he was already on probation for a previous arrest and was suspended earlier this year for grades.  This could be it for him.

10 hours ago, roysmyboy31 said:

Stepherson, Holmes suspended indefinitely

RB CJ Holmes and WR Kevin Stepherson both have been suspended by the team indefinitely after being arrested for shoplifting.  Such a stupid thing to do and right before a bowl game as well.  This is Holmes' first offense, so he'll probably be back with the team next year after he is held accountable.  As for Stepherson, he was already on probation for a previous arrest and was suspended earlier this year for grades.  This could be it for him.

That really stinks. I thought Stepherson had a chance to be real good.