best movies you like to show others

Malfatron

so....what are your favorite movies that you just GOTTA show your friends, buds, and significant others.

now im not talking movies everyone has already seen. Its those gems that speak to you in some way. 

Im talking fun movies in here. Not something deep and heavy thats gonna bum someone out.

heres my list

1980s: Return of the Living Dead

The best horror comedy ever created, and they play it really straight. Everyone loses their ****. So many great moments in this movie.

2019: Ready or Not

Hilarious and Samara Weaving nails it. A very fun thriller/black comedy.

Seven Psychopaths:

If anyone hasnt seen this, they must. An allstar cast having so much fun with this material. Rockwell is a golden god, best Walken performance in years, Woody is unhinged but loveable, and friggin Tom Waits is in this

Cannibal: The Musical

Trey Parkers first movie out of film school. The songs are catchy, and the jokes are great. Its really their best acheivement.

Wet Hot American Summer:

Best pure comedy ever made. So many hilarious performances in this. Possibly contains the best montage ever. 

The Toxic Avenger:

Tromas best movie by far. So many great moments here in this over the top....whatever it is. Watch it, you will love it!

Edited by Malfatron

Seven Psychopaths

feel like it's the funnest movie to show people. every actor is great and every actor kills their role. my favorite movie of all time. 

In Bruges

i've showed it to some homies that claimed it was boring, but they're idiots. it's good stuff. i think most the people in this sub have seen it, but it's a flawless movie. it's a good time the whole way thru imo. 

Buffalo '66

vincent gallo kills it. it's kiiiinda serious, but the dialogue is some of my favorite dialogue i've seen in movies. a lotta laughs and gallo's performance is in my top 3 favorites all time. and christina ricci. 

Pain & Gain 

it's just a good time and i think it gets dismissed because michael bay made it. never slows down, has a lotta goofs and gags that hit for me, and it's just a fun environment. 

Creep 2

you don't need to see the first one to watch this. probably the funniest horror movie of all time imo. probably the best "good time" horror movie out there. it's a lot of fun. speaking of "good time" that's another movie that could go on the list. 

MacGruber

on first watch, no movie made me laugh harder. it's hard re-watching now because i've seen it like almost ten times probably, but i like showing it to people that haven't seen it

Wet Hot American Summer would definitely make my list here. 

I have a weird soft spot for Nick and Norrah's Infinite Playlist. I have NO idea why. Ive had friends watch it and I get the empty, "Yea, it was good." Just leave me alone.

During quarantine I wound up running through a bunch of really random recent rom coms and the tops of that list are

The Big Sick

What If

Ruby Sparks (this one gets dark)

Coincidentally they all feature Zoe Kazan.... However if not this nothing will convince you about What If

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

Buffalo '66

vincent gallo kills it. it's kiiiinda serious, but the dialogue is some of my favorite dialogue i've seen in movies. a lotta laughs and gallo's performance is in my top 3 favorites all time. and christina ricci. 

yes! great choice here

On 7/27/2020 at 8:44 AM, Deadpulse said:

The Big Sick

What If

I see I'm not the only Zoe Kazan fan on the site...

EDIT - LOL I see you mentioned that in the post. I didn't get that far! I second What If tho. Just a fun movie. Kazan, Ratcliffe, Driver and Davis kill it.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 6:44 AM, Deadpulse said:

Wet Hot American Summer would definitely make my list here. 

I have a weird soft spot for Nick and Norrah's Infinite Playlist. I have NO idea why. Ive had friends watch it and I get the empty, "Yea, it was good." Just leave me alone.

During quarantine I wound up running through a bunch of really random recent rom coms and the tops of that list are

The Big Sick

What If

Ruby Sparks (this one gets dark)

Coincidentally they all feature Zoe Kazan.... However if not this nothing will convince you about What If

I l like you. I also have a soft spot for Nick and Norah's, and I watched both the Big Sick and What if recently lol. I actually saw What if in the theater in the theater with my gf back in the day. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 1:19 AM, FinneasGage said:

Seven Psychopaths

feel like it's the funnest movie to show people. every actor is great and every actor kills their role. my favorite movie of all time. 

Actually just watched this a couple of months ago for the first time. Though it was great. 

On 7/27/2020 at 1:19 AM, FinneasGage said:

In Bruges

i've showed it to some homies that claimed it was boring, but they're idiots. it's good stuff. i think most the people in this sub have seen it, but it's a flawless movie. it's a good time the whole way thru imo. 

Just got HBO Max, and its on there. I have it in my queue, but I think that it has to be a movie I sit down and watch and pay attention to, so I haven't gotten around to it yet. 

• Like 1

For those of us who are old enough to have lived through the 70s, this one brings back a lot of fond memories.

MV5BMmU5ZTJmOWQtNTMwMi00NmIzLTk0ZTAtMjNk

I might be old, but at least I wasn't old enough to live through the 50s.  This movie makes me wish I did though.  The world sure has changed a lot since then, and not for the better, unfortunately. 
MV5BMjkwZWYzZTQtNTU1MS00ZTIwLTg4OGQtZjQ2

This is an underrated western.  It shouldn't be, though, because anytime Gene Hackman is in a movie, it seems to be a good one.  This is no different.  He was a great villain.  The rest of the cast was very good too.
MV5BNTFlYzRjYjktNzYwNS00YzI5LWJiYzItMjA5

I normally despise dance-type movies, but this is one of those rare exceptions.  Christina Aguilera looked AMAZING in this, and the songs she sings are among my favorites of her career.  For fans of Cher, she sings a couple songs too, but unfortunately, compared to Christina her voice sounds very tired.  Overall this is a fun movie for the right audience.

MV5BMjM1ZmI4NmUtMDJmMC00N2NkLTg1NGYtMDUy

Going only with movies I think are underseen:

The Thing (1982).  You'd be surprised how many people have not seen this movie. 

Sneakers.  Single most underrated thriller/comedy ever made. 

The Innocents (1961).  Single greatest ghost story ever made. 

A Very Long Engagement.  Everybody rants and raves about Amelie, which I enjoyed, but A Very Long Engagement is easily Jeunet's best film.  It's not close, and A Very Long Engagement for some damn reason is very difficult to get a copy of. 

Dredd.  This was the closest thing to hitting the tone of an 80's action movie since the 80's.