2017 FF Soccer Draft voting- Group B

amac

Rank the teams 1-3. Anyone can vote, but Votes for your own group won't count. Explanations encouraged. Voting will be open thru Wednesday 

Raykwondachef

4lr6uv.png

Viks4life

NsaYzC9.png

djw4bucs

Formation: 4-3-3 

LW: Marco Reus

ST:Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

RW:Bernardo Silva

CAM:Henrikh Mkhtaryan

CM:Luka Modric

CM:N'golo Kante

LB:Danny Rose

CB:Virgil Van Dijk

CB:Sokratis

RB:Lukasz Pizczek

GK: Gianluigi Donnarumma

http://bit.ly/2ftpe8f

1. Raykwondachef

2. Viks4life

3. Djw4bucs

I think Costa and Mbappe would be perfect compliments to each other and a midfield 3 of Pogba, Illarramendi, and Erickson would be great at maintaining possession. I'm not sure how that back 3 would work together honestly but I think that the overall talent of the team wins out.

1. DJw

2. Raykwon

3. Viks

DJw is the most well rounded team imo. Fantasic midfield, solid defense and very quick front 3. I don't like the 3 at the back for Raykwon, especially as Alli and Cuadrado would provide zero cover. I think it would be exposed against tge attacks in this competition. I think Viks is just the weakest overall team in this group.

1. DJW

2. RaykwondaChef

3. Viks4life 

I really like the balance on DJW team. Really big fan of the midfield trio and the backline is one of the more talented groups in the draft. I love Raykwons attack, but I just don't see the back 3 getting a ton of cover from Alli and Cuadrado, which slides him down to second. I love Viks midfield trio, and his backline is solid. But I'm not a fan of his attack at all. Maybe its just a personal thing, but I don't love starting Forsberg in this, and I don't see Robben as the same threat as he once was. 

1. DJW- Ultimately sided with his side due to a great midfield that should be able to excel at both ends of the pitch.

2. Raykwon- Admittedly am unsure about that back 3, but Pogba and Eriksen in the midfield are strong support for Mbappe and Costa.

3. Viks- I do like the team, but I think it's just a shade below the other two.

1. DJW- I think that is a great midfield and easily the core of his team. The front three is good but I have some reservations about Reus since he has barely played in almost two seasons. The defense is quite weak in my opinion and I think that will be a weak point going forward. 

2.Viks- Love the front three and thing that would be a really good, fluid attack. Forsberg looks to be underrated by some people in here and Dybala is a stud. I really like that midfield of Thiago, Isco and Jorginho. Defensively I think Martinez is a question mark but I really like the fullbacks. 

3. Raykwon- Incredibly talented and probably the most talent in the starting XI in this group, the formation is just absolutely atrocious. I don't think the back three complements each other particularly well and there is absolutely no width or defensive cover down the wings. Alli isn't a winger and will be in effective if he tries to drop back and defend and Cuadrado isn't know for his defensive work rate. The midfield and forwards are great and I think they would work together well but the defense is just too big of a weak spot for me.

1. Viks4life-really well put together team

2. djw4bucs-dominant midfield, but Viks4life midfield would be competitive and I think Viks4life front 3 and back 4 is stronger

3. Raykwondachef-that system would only work in FIFA

1. Viks- would be great in possession and a nice attacking group

2. Djw- Was close, the Kante- Modric duo is great. But we don't really know where Reus is at at this point and Pizcek has been pretty shaky defensively of late 

3. Raykwon- Nice midfield,  striker duo but Dele Alli as a wingback kills it for me.

1. Viks4life - Little skeptical about playing Dybala as a lone striker, but I just love the setup of that team overall, lots of creativity between him, Isco, Thiago, and Forsberg, this team is built to control games.

2. DJW - Don't really love the attack or defense that much - both are solid without being spectacular, comparatively speaking. But I think the balance and quality in midfield rescues them here and they eek out 2nd.

3. Raykwon - There's a lot to like about this team going forward but that left side of the defense really sinks them for me with Alli completely out of place at wingback and Mustafi at LCB. I think this team likely gets killed down the flanks and compared to the other two teams is probably too reliant on individual brilliance rather than really seeming like a cohesive team. 

1. djw4bucs - Not crazy about their back 5, but from Kante forward I love it.

2. Raykwondachef - Is in for a shoot out. 3-5-2 with Cuadrado and Alli as your WBs? Not convinced.

3. Viks4life - Ok defensively, not a great deal of goals amongst the front 5 (when compared to some other sides), but plenty of creativity.

I think the top 2 are two of the more lopsided sides in the competition, whereas Viks is more well rounded the talent is a bit of a drop off.

Raykwon – Props on the unorthodox formation. The three in the back is well built with each defender being quick enough to survive in the system. I am curious about your logic for using Alli as a LWB. I always felt that what made Alli great is his spontaneity and the freedom he has roam the midfield.  At LM, he will need to have a more defined role that I don’t think will fit his playstyle. I feel like the team will be a lot better if you moved Alli to the midfield and replace Eriksen with a more traditional LWB. Overall, I think this team can work well in a league setting where it can help break down weaker teams but in this tournament with great players all around, the Alli will get exposed and I’m not sure Pogba and Asier can provide enough defensive cover. I would want a more physical midfielder than Asier.

Viks - I have concerns about the midfield balance. You are relying a lot on Jorginho to provide cover but that is not his strengths. I like Thiago and Isco but both players need freedom and that will live your midfield exposed. I am personally not big on Javi Martinez and Dani Alves at the moment and imo are weaknesses in the defense. I do like your attack. Dybala and Robben are dangerous and Forsberg is an up and coming player.

Djw4 – I am assuming that you are getting a Marco Reus coming right out of injury which is why he was drafted so late. I do like your midfield with Kante and Modric. My favourite at the moment after just looking at Group A and B. Mkht is having a great season right now and was someone I would have wanted on my side. I also like the attack with Silva creating for Aubameyang. However, I am concerned that Reus won’t be able to compete well considering his injury. I do like your defense as you have strong physical CB and solid defensive LBs.

I think Viks will beat Raykwon since Robben will have a field day against Alli. I also see Djw beating Raykwon. Not sure Silva will do as well as Robben but I do like Djw’s midfield against Raykwon’s. In the end, I see Djw topping the group. I think their defense is solid enough to contain Viks attack and that Aubamayang has the pace that will trouble Vik’s backline

1.    Djw

2.    Viks

3.    Raykwon

1 - Djw

2 - Viks

3- Raykwon

Very little gap between Djw and Viks imho. Djw has a very very strong midfield and a solid, though not intimidating, front 3. Not a fan of their defense though. I love Viks back 4, the CB pairing seems like a good fit and the wing backs are top notch. Like the midfield also though it is less talented than Djw's, they would fit well with each other. We will probably see Isco and Thiago play with each other a lot for years with the Spanish squad. The front 3 is probably the worst of the group: don't know if Dybala can play at this level as the lone striker, and Forsberg, while a talented young player, is kind of an unknown internationally. Raykwon squad is also well built. Love that midfield with 3 backs behind them. Costa and Mbappé seem like a good fit also. My big worry is the left side where Alli isn't natural, and I don't know if him and Eriksen can cover enough defensively to help Mustafi. 

I'm not one of the contestants but I figured I'd still throw my 2 cents in.

1. Viks
2. Djw
3. Raykwon

Viks and Djw was difficult to split, but the superior defense of the former wins it out for me.  The weakest link of Vik's team, Emil Forsberg, is cancelled out by the fact that the guy in the same position for djw can't stay on the pitch.

As others have said, the talent Raykown assembled is great,  but I question the formation and how they would defend.  Oblak's great, but I'm not sure even he'd do well behind that formation.

Archived