The Curse of having a Franchise QB

Green19

3 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Even ignoring the QB completely Green Bay is better on offense by a significantly wider margin than Minnesota is ahead defensively.

I disagree one million percent.  If you put Rodgers in the MIN offense with Diggs, Thielen, Cook and Rudolph, that Vikings offense is every bit as potent as the current GB offense.  Probably even more potent.

Not with that OL.

Theilen is nothing. He'd be burried with Geronimo on the Packers depth chart and Rudolph and Bennet are comparable. Diggs might be very good, but so are Nelson, Adams, and Cobb so 3>1 and RB really doesn't matter that much.

The Packers top 3 are all significantly better than Thelen. Yes Diggs may very well be the best of the 4, but those 3 are all good players, with Nelson and Adams both having moments of greatness. I don't think I'm overrating them at all to say that.

19 minutes ago, spilltray said:

The Packers top 3 are all significantly better than Thelen. Yes Diggs may very well be the best of the 4, but those 3 are all good players, with Nelson and Adams both having moments of greatness. I don't think I'm overrating them at all to say that.

No, they are not

16 hours ago, SassyFascistAlphaGuy said:

Teams absolutely stacked with talent on defense with no Elite QB = Minnesota, Cincinnati, Miami, Jacksonville, St. Louis, Baltimore.

Yet, we know for a fact that none of those teams have a shot at the Superbowl this year. 0% shot. Why? Because they have no QB that can get them there. An elite QB gives you a shot at the Superbowl every year. Those teams on defense are more talented than GB but I would take GB over each team because of...... Aaron Rodgers. 

And trust me, so would their coaches. 

Denver?

Every year is different. 

The Ravens won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer

In 1996 we had the No. 1 defense and No. 1 offense and still needed the help of our special teams to win a Super Bowl

In 2011 we had the No. 1 offense that absolutely scorched other teams on the way to a 15-1 record, but our defense set records of their own for futility and we got bounced

In the early 90's we always ran into the juggernaut that was the Cowboys

More often than not - a very nice balance will keep you in the hunt, but you never know what will be enough. Matchups, injuries, and even luck plays a part

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

I think Diggs is better than any WR GB has, and I think Theilan is at least as good as any WR GB has not named Jordy.  Why anyone would think Cobb is a special player at this point is beyond me.

Diggs has an athletic advantage on Jordy due to age, that's really all I'll give him. The insane chemistry Rodgers and Nelson have would make me not even consider swapping Jordy with Diggs.

Adams has elite route running capabilities. His first three steps are on par with the true elites of the game. If anything he'd be putting up bigger numbers in a different offense where Rodgers isn't looking to Nelson/Cobb all the time. He's on par with Thielen, they are both in the top 20-25 WRs in the game.

Cobb is far better than anything the Vikes have beyond those two. He's a great slot when healthy. That's been the issue for him. 

Cook is obviously better than anything we have but our OL is far superior to theirs.

They'll come up against the cap here soon with guys like Barr, Diggs, Kendricks and Hunter left to pay and run into the same issues we did.

5 hours ago, cannondale said:

Every year is different. 

The Ravens won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer

In 1996 we had the No. 1 defense and No. 1 offense and still needed the help of our special teams to win a Super Bowl

In 2011 we had the No. 1 offense that absolutely scorched other teams on the way to a 15-1 record, but our defense set records of their own for futility and we got bounced

In the early 90's we always ran into the juggernaut that was the Cowboys

More often than not - a very nice balance will keep you in the hunt, but you never know what will be enough. Matchups, injuries, and even luck plays a part

I'm a huge proponent of this being far more important than 99% of people think. You go through the last dozen or so Superbowl winners and you can point to ONE specific play that makes the difference between them being the champions and also rans in probably 75% of them. 

19 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I'm a huge proponent of this being far more important than 99% of people think. You go through the last dozen or so Superbowl winners and you can point to ONE specific play that makes the difference between them being the champions and also rans in probably 75% of them. 

Not to mention the injury luck. The teams left at the end of the season are usually on the healthier end of the spectrum that given year.

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Diggs has an athletic advantage on Jordy due to age, that's really all I'll give him. The insane chemistry Rodgers and Nelson have would make me not even consider swapping Jordy with Diggs.

Adams has elite route running capabilities. His first three steps are on par with the true elites of the game. If anything he'd be putting up bigger numbers in a different offense where Rodgers isn't looking to Nelson/Cobb all the time. He's on par with Thielen, they are both in the top 20-25 WRs in the game.

Cobb is far better than anything the Vikes have beyond those two. He's a great slot when healthy. That's been the issue for him. 

Cook is obviously better than anything we have but our OL is far superior to theirs.

They'll come up against the cap here soon with guys like Barr, Diggs, Kendricks and Hunter left to pay and run into the same issues we did.

The Vikes probably just lost Cook for the season.  

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

like our's in 2010. Wouldn't have happened without that absurd Desean Jackson punt return TD.

Kinda crazy.

Archived