PJ Hall traded to Vikings

RaidersAreOne

22 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

At this point we have to sign Jordan it seems.

We can all Bad talk Hall now that he’s gone but the man played 52% of the snaps last year.... which is a lot for a DT.  And if you watch the tape he was solid versus the run.  He was making moderate strides.    He just wasn’t a playmaker yet and was somewhat inconsistent.  But at no point was anyone calling for his head (with actual reasons).

Hall could have been a key player on this team.  He could have been a starter.  He should have been starting alongside Hankins to stuff the run in early downs then bring in Collins and hurry to pass rush..... so they don’t get worn down versus the run.... an area they struggle.

hall coming into camp in such poor shape he had to be cut/traded is a major disappointment for this team.  He should have been a major contributor on the DL and the perfect yin (run defense) to Hurst+Collins (pass rush) yang.

If Hall is that out of shape he should have opt out of the season. There are big guys who can play out of shape but you have to be really good and even though he was good enough it sends a clear message that culture is changing...Got to love that message.

5 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Thanks for the link/info.

thats very upsetting to learn he’s likely not coming back.  He played pretty well for us.  Still holding out hope but I bet he signs with SF.  Good for him... he worked hard to rebound his life and get back into the league.  Even if it’s not with us I wish him the best.

3 hours ago, G said:

If Hall is that out of shape he should have opt out of the season. There are big guys who can play out of shape but you have to be really good and even though he was good enough it sends a clear message that culture is changing...Got to love that message.

The guy wasn’t even smart enough to do that....  

I had high hopes for him but the guy did it to himself.  He came into camp totally out of shape last year.... was definitely warned... Mayock publically warned him during the draft.... I’m sure the coaches and/or trainers communicated with him during the off-season he MUST stay in shape or he’s getting cut.... and he still couldn’t come to camp in shape.  And we’re talking in shape for a 300lb+ DT... you don’t have to have 5% body fat just don’t have crazy man boobs and a giggly gut.

Im guessing as soon as he entered HQ he was immediately told to change into his bike shorts and jump on the scale..... and immediately was told to go home.

I can only hope our FO laughed at him and fat shamed him as he walked out the door. 

what a joke of a human being.  We gave this guy every opportunity.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Darbsk said:

The sad part is that he feels he cannot be open about his sexuality if that is the case, no doubt a large number of NFL players are in the same boat.

Maybe that was a cause for distraction or consternation but at the end of the day it seems his work ethic and failure to knuckle down ultimately let him down and to be fair to the FO he had several very clear warning signs and didn't heed them. Hope he gets his life together and works things out, the NFL needs a good role model in that area. 

Wait......it’s “SAD”?

Come on bro.... give me a break. I’m not trying to personally attack you at all...but come on!

PJ Hall is what’s sad.  He isn’t Michael Sam, a gay man in a committed relationship.  No one cared about Sam’s sexuality.... same with Kansas State’s RT Scott Frantz (went undrafted this year).... infact in both cases teammates rallied around them in support.

PJ Hall had a GF and is on IG sexting dudes and cheating on his GF with another deviant.  I say deviant not because their gay... I couldn’t care less who loves who.... but I find it to be deviant When your trolling IG to bang dudes behind your girls back.  
Deviance and gluttony is Hall’s problem.  He let himself down.  He let his team down.  No one made him cheat on his GF and no one made him stuff his face with junk food.  Hall deserves and needs some self realization not people making excuses for his bad behavior, which is what your post sounds like.

And I doubt there’s a “large number” of gay players.  I think “handful” is a more accurate term.

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Wait......it’s “SAD”?

Come on bro.... give me a break. I’m not trying to personally attack you at all...but come on!

PJ Hall is what’s sad.  He isn’t Michael Sam, a gay man in a committed relationship.  No one cared about Sam’s sexuality.... same with Kansas State’s RT Scott Frantz (went undrafted this year).... infact in both cases teammates rallied around them in support.

PJ Hall had a GF and is on IG sexting dudes and cheating on his GF with another deviant.  I say deviant not because their gay... I couldn’t care less who loves who.... but I find it to be deviant When your trolling IG to bang dudes behind your girls back.  
Deviance and gluttony is Hall’s problem.  He let himself down.  He let his team down.  No one made him cheat on his GF and no one made him stuff his face with junk food.  Hall deserves and needs some self realization not people making excuses for his bad behavior, which is what your post sounds like.

And I doubt there’s a “large number” of gay players.  I think “handful” is a more accurate term.

I said the sad part is the being open about his sexuality, which it is. What he's done to himself by not putting the requisite effort in and being unfaithful is all on him and I was clear about that I thought!

Maybe it was a contributing factor but you're absolutely right its his fault and he made the bad decisions that have led to him being traded. We gave him chances and he scorned those.

There is no doubt in my mind a large number of gay players, just because they are not open about that - and that is their choice - just means we dont see it. Hopefully in future people can feel more comfortable to be more open, I hope that most of us dont even care or want to know peoples sexuality. 

29 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I said the sad part is the being open about his sexuality, which it is. What he's done to himself by not putting the requisite effort in and being unfaithful is all on him and I was clear about that I thought!

Maybe it was a contributing factor but you're absolutely right its his fault and he made the bad decisions that have led to him being traded. We gave him chances and he scorned those.

There is no doubt in my mind a large number of gay players, just because they are not open about that - and that is their choice - just means we dont see it. Hopefully in future people can feel more comfortable to be more open, I hope that most of us dont even care or want to know peoples sexuality. 

I think the vast majority of players do not care if a teammates gay.  They just don’t want the “LGBTQrstuvwxyz+*~” lecture or having to deal with the media making an issue of it.  At worst they may not to shower with the dude.