Reuben Foster on Track for Week 1

HTTRDynasty

12 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

That's a good looking football team they got...at least on defense.

Will Foster Start though?

Probably not initially, but I'm sure he will at some point this season if he stays healthy (and if COVID doesn't shut the season down).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

That's a good looking football team they got...at least on defense.

Will Foster Start though?

I doubt it.  He's got a shredded knee he is coming back from, and a horrendously terrible shoulder dating back to college.  It was so bad his second year that it looked like he was playing with one arm.  

Still, the guy has talent.  If he is healthy and anywhere within 80% of his rookie production, the Redskins linebacker corps goes from a unit I would rank 29-32 to around 21-24.  

• Like 1

Talented player but won’t hold my breath. Between his injuries and his decision making, can’t say I have much faith in him staying on the field. Hope I’m wrong, that front seven is already nasty. A real plus LBer would make it scary.

2 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Talented player but won’t hold my breath. Between his injuries and his decision making, can’t say I have much faith in him staying on the field. Hope I’m wrong, that front seven is already nasty. A real plus LBer would make it scary.

Front four is nasty.  Our LBer corps is bottom of the barrel without Foster.  With Foster at 75-80% of his rookie season performance it's still probably bottom third but he's a big difference maker if he's a plus LBer. 

6 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Front four is nasty.  Our LBer corps is bottom of the barrel without Foster.  With Foster at 75-80% of his rookie season performance it's still probably bottom third but he's a big difference maker if he's a plus LBer. 

TD should bring some competence, I would think. Probably the best front he’s ever played with too. Hamilton projected to be a contributor?

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

TD should bring some competence, I would think. Probably the best front he’s ever played with too. Hamilton projected to be a contributor?

Yeah, but a guy pushing 40 who is here to help install the culture isn't going to be a difference-maker.  SDH was a coverage-only guy in the last defense, and Jon Bostic is a journeyman projected to start at MLB who can't cover.  Our other starter from last year, Cole Holcomb, fits the same mold as Bostic.  

Not a very inspiring group at all.  If TE didn't look so bad, it would be our worst unit.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Nap is right when you consider the players as they were last year.  We do have some guys with potential though. Kevin Pierre-Louis ("KPL") and Shaun Dion Hamilton ("SDH") were the 3rd and 4th highest graded coverage players in the league last year, respectively, per PFF - albeit on limited snaps.  And Holcomb was a rookie who flashed as a run-defender last year.

If JDR/Rivera start the old guys (Bostic, TD) over the guys with more potential (SDH, KPL, Holcomb), I would understand why they did it, but it would be annoying since we won't be winning anything this year anyway and we need to see what we have in the younger guys (or the guy with less starting experience in KPL's case).

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 1