College Football and Covid19 (Cancellations, Postponements etc)

candyman93

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’ve seen it suggested that an October schedule might happen.

Thousands of kids in Ohio and other states are playing HS football on Fridays, and hundreds of thousands of B1G students are living together on campus and attending class together. We can argue whether or not this SHOULD be the case, but if you say it's fine for kids to live together/go to school together, then canceling the season when they did/how they did was a mistake.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Thousands of kids in Ohio and other states are playing HS football on Fridays, and hundreds of thousands of B1G students are living together on campus and attending class together. We can argue whether or not this SHOULD be the case, but if you say it's fine for kids to live together/go to school together, then canceling the season when they did/how they did was a mistake.

While I think it was dumb for them to bring the majority of students back to campus (and it's obvious why they did it), one is what college is supposed to be about and the other is "amateur" athletics. They're not really on the same plane.

8 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

one is what college is supposed to be about and the other is "amateur" athletics. They're not really on the same plane.

See my point about HS Football. Same principle. We are prepping for Week 2 here in Ohio.

7 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

While I think it was dumb for them to bring the majority of students back to campus (and it's obvious why they did it), one is what college is supposed to be about and the other is "amateur" athletics. They're not really on the same plane.

Most people around campuses believe it’s a matter of when, not if, college goes back online. I have a feeling the long weekend coming up may expedite the process. 

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

See my point about HS Football. Same principle. We are prepping for Week 2 here in Ohio.

Don't think it's smart to have high school kids playing football either. Obviously, just playing doesn't mean you're going to have an outbreak or spread it, but adding additional unnecessary to something that's already dangerous is just shortsighted to me.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Ah, Mississippi's annual "don't forget about us, we are a part of the SEC, therefore we are relevant" post.

The only thing about Mississippi that the world is interested in is the inevitable Kiffin vs Leach back and forth. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Don't think it's smart to have high school kids playing football either. Obviously, just playing doesn't mean you're going to have an outbreak or spread it, but adding additional unnecessary to something that's already dangerous is just shortsighted to me.

Again, not debating that. I’m saying from a consistency standpoint it makes ZERO sense.

55 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

The only thing about Mississippi that the world is interested in is the inevitable Kiffin vs Leach back and forth. 

It would be nice if they changed their flag and name from rebels. Just an observation based off of 240 years of their sordid past.

20 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Gee 2020. Make the B1G Ten Again.

Nebraska, Rutgers, Maryland, and Northwestern go bye-bye. And the Big 12 is going to pay for it.

Northwestern can stay in place of MSU. Anywhere Kirk can be pre-med isn’t playing school, and the football portion is ehhhhh. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattPrehm/status/1301619203988840448

But how do we know if we're not there?

Edit: If other conferences get their hands on this testing, like the NCAA should have a unified method, I bet the other conferences will follow suit. Will be interesting to see what happens. I'd be curious how many kids want to play. Seems like a lot but I'm not gonna pretend I've looked into it much

Edited by BobbyPhil1781