College Football and Covid19 (Cancellations, Postponements etc)

candyman93

It's possible that Clemson-South Carolina, Florida-Florida State, Georgia-Georgia Tech, and Kentucky-Louisville may not be played for several years.

The ACC tried to accommodate the games by saying the OOC game must be played in the school's home state, which would have allowed Georgia Tech to visit Georgia this year as it is an even year, but the SEC still told the ACC to buzz off by going conference-only. And the state of South Carolina, which requires Clemson and SC to play, did not intervene to force the game to be played as required by law (an attempted cancellation of this game in 1952 led to this law being passed and the end of the Southern Conference as a major football and basketball conference).

And there are probably many in the ACC camp upset over the SEC's decision, which could put any ACC-SEC matchups scheduled in the next few regular seasons in jeopardy besides the usual 4.

Edited by pf9

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Mertz is also missing the Michigan game. This year is a lie anyway.

Is it confirmed Mertz won’t be playing? I saw something earlier saying that he wasn’t allowed to travel today so he was out but wasn’t 100% sure. Also, this game may be what effectively ends this Michigan season and I may be eternally grateful to y’all. 

8 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Guy on the Michigan 247 board is claiming Groshek is taking snaps at QB.

The meltdown if he does well would be unbelievably hilarious 

I haven't heard this, but would believe it. We've got VDB as a walk on and that's it. If he gets hurt, we're out of QBs. Best pass blocking RB makes sense as a replacement if you really have nobody else.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I haven't heard this, but would believe it. We've got VDB as a walk on and that's it. If he gets hurt, we're out of QBs. Best pass blocking RB makes sense as a replacement if you really have nobody else.

If you have anyone who can just lob a throw in the area of our corners, there is a 75% chance PI will be called, so that's all you really need.

16 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

If you have anyone who can just lob a throw in the area of our corners, there is a 75% chance PI will be called, so that's all you really need.

Let’s face it, it doesn’t even need to be within 15 yards of our corners. As long as he can get it passed the line of scrimmage, we’re holding everyone.