College Football and Covid19 (Cancellations, Postponements etc)

candyman93

Troy-South Alabama is off.

Personally I think this game should be on Thanksgiving weekend starting next year. The Sun Belt should also have Appalachian State-Coastal Carolina, Arkansas State-Texas State, Georgia Southern-Georgia State, and Louisiana-ULM on that weekend.

While we're on the subject, here's my ideal Thanksgiving schedules for the other G5 conferences (at least until realignment rears its ugly head):

American: Cincinnati-Memphis, East Carolina-Temple, Houston-SMU, South Florida-UCF, Tulane-Tulsa; only full members would be involved in conference play on Thanksgiving weekend, Navy could play indies UConn or Liberty or even have that weekend off.

C-USA: Charlotte-Old Dominion, FIU-Florida Atlantic, Louisiana Tech-Southern Miss, Marshall-Western Kentucky, Middle Tennessee-UAB, North Texas-Rice, UTEP-UTSA

MAC: Akron-Kent State, Ball State-Northern Illinois, Bowling Green-Toledo, Buffalo-Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan-Western Michigan, Miami (Ohio)-Ohio

MWC: Air Force-Colorado State, Boise State-Utah State, Nevada-UNLV, and New Mexico-Wyoming would all be on Thanksgiving weekend annually, while the California schools and Hawaii would take turns playing each other that weekend.

It's time the G5 conferences have consistency in their Thanksgiving weekend schedules.

Edited by pf9

19 hours ago, pf9 said:

Troy-South Alabama is off.

Personally I think this game should be on Thanksgiving weekend starting next year. The Sun Belt should also have Appalachian State-Coastal Carolina, Arkansas State-Texas State, Georgia Southern-Georgia State, and Louisiana-ULM on that weekend.

While we're on the subject, here's my ideal Thanksgiving schedules for the other G5 conferences (at least until realignment rears its ugly head):

American: Cincinnati-Memphis, East Carolina-Temple, Houston-SMU, South Florida-UCF, Tulane-Tulsa; only full members would be involved in conference play on Thanksgiving weekend, Navy could play indies UConn or Liberty or even have that weekend off.

C-USA: Charlotte-Old Dominion, FIU-Florida Atlantic, Louisiana Tech-Southern Miss, Marshall-Western Kentucky, Middle Tennessee-UAB, North Texas-Rice, UTEP-UTSA

MAC: Akron-Kent State, Ball State-Northern Illinois, Bowling Green-Toledo, Buffalo-Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan-Western Michigan, Miami (Ohio)-Ohio

MWC: Air Force-Colorado State, Boise State-Utah State, Nevada-UNLV, and New Mexico-Wyoming would all be on Thanksgiving weekend annually, while the California schools and Hawaii would take turns playing each other that weekend.

It's time the G5 conferences have consistency in their Thanksgiving weekend schedules.

Doesn’t make sense to have the biggest rivalry that late in the season for MAC teams. Usually all the students are home for thanksgiving and the attendance is terrible for the thanksgiving weekend game. 

CMU WMU is by the the most attended game for both and it definitely still wouldn’t be on thanksgiving weekend. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No it doesn't. I went to one of the biggest party schools on planet earth and the Thanksgiving game sucked every year. We always hoped it was an away game.

There are only 3 rules for Thanksgiving weekend. Everything else can be cancelled tbh:

1. Ole Miss vs Miss St on Thanksgiving Day gets super weird. Double it now that we have Leach vs Kiffin

2. Auburn vs Alabama is weirdly close even though Auburn looks terrible all season. 

3. I talk myself into believing this is finally Michigan’s year before we lose to OSU. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

RealRamsFan heard about Ohio U, and realized he didn’t know what partying was

As someone that's partied in both Madison and Athens, OU doesn't compare lol. I've done Halloween on both campuses and Madtown is faaaaaaaaaaaaaar more fun. The god damn cops on horses in Athens were the worst. What's the point of partying if you can't have alcohol on you?!

On 9/30/2020 at 7:51 PM, winitall said:

There are only 3 rules for Thanksgiving weekend. Everything else can be cancelled tbh:

1. Ole Miss vs Miss St on Thanksgiving Day gets super weird. Double it now that we have Leach vs Kiffin

2. Auburn vs Alabama is weirdly close even though Auburn looks terrible all season. 

3. I talk myself into believing this is finally Michigan’s year before we lose to OSU. 

Shut your mouth, Ole Miss and Miss St is now must-see TV

• Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 7:40 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No it doesn't. I went to one of the biggest party schools on planet earth and the Thanksgiving game sucked every year. We always hoped it was an away game.

Same.  Thanksgiving games were terrible.   My school even had an uncharacteristic NC darkhorse contender window while I was there, and the Thanksgiving games still sucked.  They lack energy. 

9 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Same.  Thanksgiving games were terrible.   My school even had an uncharacteristic NC darkhorse contender window while I was there, and the Thanksgiving games still sucked.  They lack energy. 

Agreed. The only reason it held any merit, was that we played UVA.