Chiefs closing on a new deal for Travis Kelce

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, samsel23 said:

I don’t see his game changing much with age,  been saying the past 2 off seasons drafting a replacement early would be a waste.  He’s got at least 3-4 more years left.  

Team leader and Mahomes always seems to know exactly what he’s doing with his routes.  Love this move 

I find it interesting they do it not when he still has 2 years left on his deal. Say he declines this year or next, they have another 4 years in him (barring outs of course). 

I guess they may frontload it before the Patty contract kicks in. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

He’s got at least 3-4 more years left.

Yeah, but he already had 2 years left on his deal. Now he has 6 years left. 

Not sure he'll be worth it the last 2 years. I would've done a 2 year extension, but at the very least this almost guarantee he stays in KC until he hangs it up.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

10 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not sure he'll be worth it the last 2 years. I would've done a 2 year extension, but at the very least this almost guarantee he stays in KC until he hangs it up.

The problem is, you have to account for how that hits the cap. Longer deals mean that teams can stretch the hits out, which could be very important depending on how the cap increase / decrease shakes out.

15 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Highly unlikely Kelce’s guarantees in years 5-6 will be much.   Just allows KC to spread out the Base salaries longer. 

Kelce added more Guaranteed $$ to his career and stayed in KC. Those are the 2 things he wanted 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Can you or someone else explain why Eagles fans talk about Goedert like he's Tony Gonzalez reincarnated 

He's basically being walled off by Ertz. He'd better than Ertz at everything sans just getting wide open.

Ertz is in the mold of Jason Witten, Goedert has the same potential of Kelce and Kittle.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

He's basically being walled off by Ertz. He'd better than Ertz at everything sans just getting wide open.

Ertz is in the mold of Jason Witten, Goedert has the same potential of Kelce and Kittle.

This.

Ertz is the better route runner obviously (arguably the best at the TE position...), but Goedert has great YAC and blocking ability to go along with his receiving ability and he's 4 years younger than Ertz when their contracts expire at the same time. It should be a no brainer, but the Eagles love Ertz (for good reason), so I'm not sure what happens there.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don't think Eagles fans have really ever over hyped Goedert though..... we just have said he would be regarded more if Ertz who is a top TE wasn't in front of him.

Goedert is a lower top 10 TE right now, with much higher potential.

14 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Highly unlikely Kelce’s guarantees in years 5-6 will be much.   Just allows KC to spread out the Base salaries longer. 

Kelce added more Guaranteed $$ to his career and stayed in KC. Those are the 2 things he wanted 

Yeah, I'm interested to see the #s, but you could be right.