SURVIVOR POOL 15 - OUR NEW CHAMPION IS ChazStandard!!

Woz

16 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

I had a question about tie breakers - when you say the "cumulative winning % of every team you pick", that means at the time of the pick, right?

Do note that the tiebreaker record for you entry is a summation of how each of your selections has done up through the season to when I calculate the tiebreaker. In other words, picking a team early versus late has no bearing on your tiebreaking record, only that you selected the team at some point.

I copied that from the OP. 

So there is a plus side to me for the Pats and Bucs losses. 

On 11/23/2020 at 3:06 PM, ChazStandard said:

I had a question about tie breakers - when you say the "cumulative winning % of every team you pick", that means at the time of the pick, right?

No, the entire schedule including games they haven't played yet.

Spending the time to maintain the SOS based on games played to date is more effort than I want to put into this game. Hell, I want to put no effort into this game but I foolishly run it again and again.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 3:20 PM, Leoric said:

I would bet no... and it would be record at time of the contest ending. Otherwise what a bookkeeping nightmare. Although it is Woz, so he may enjoy that type of nightmare.

I may be a masochist for running this every year, but I'm not that much a masochist.

• Like 1

COMPETITOR TEAM PCT W L T GB
Art_Vandalay Philadelphia 0.563 62 48 1 0.00
scottishpatriot New England 0.604 67 44 0 4.50
ChazStandard New England 0.622 69 42 0 6.50
Here'sJim Cleveland 0.627 69 41 0 7.00
Joe_is_the_best Denver 0.627 69 41 0 7.00
jonnguy2015 San Francisco 0.631 70 41 0 7.50
Aussie9er San Francisco 0.664 73 37 0 11.00
catcheryea Georgia Tech 0.676 75 36 0 12.50
AZ_Eaglesfan Philadelphia 0.685 76 35 0 13.50
Leoric San Diego St 0.694 77 34 0 14.50

On 8/15/2020 at 12:18 PM, Woz said:

SURVIVOR
Leoric [San Diego State Aztecs] - LAC, KAN, IND, LAR, BAL, MIA, BUF, TAM, PIT, GRB, NOR

Week 12 Pick: Cleveland Browns

Im almost completely sure I’ve been eliminated every year by picking the Browns or Bengals to actually pull off a win. Usually I do it earlier in the season thinking I know something no one else does. It fails every time. Here’s to hoping the Browns are an average team and can best the Jaguars who are a bad team. 

On 11/19/2020 at 11:48 PM, Jakuvious said:

Favorite Team: Kansas City Chiefs

Week 11 Pick: Miami Dolphins

I refuse to pick the Chargers. I don't care how absolutely trash the Jets are, the Chargers will find some magical Flacco DPI miracle play late in the 4th to lose this game, and I refuse to go out that way.

You should never have doubted the Jets' ability to lose games ... geesh .. last KC member out ....

9 hours ago, Aussie9er said:

Aussie9er [San Francisco Richmond Tigers Spiders]

Previous Picks - LAC, SFO, IND, BAL, ARI, MIA, BUF, KAN, GRB, NOR, PIT

Week 12 Pick - Houston Texans (mainly cos of the below)

I’ve been staring at this thread all morning trying to talk myself into picking Houston... I just can’t do it