Alcohol Thread!

Glen

On 1/24/2020 at 8:24 PM, mm6492 said:

If you were moving into a new house/apartment and had to restock your liquor )starting from scratch again_.... what would be the first 4 bottles you are buying?

casamigos anejo
willet 2 year rye
blantons bourbon
a bottle of vodka, doesnt really matter i take my vodka in shot form with a pickle chaser.  titos acceptable

• Like 1

On 01/02/2020 at 9:15 AM, Tyty said:

My distillery just rolled out with an absinthe in the summer. It’s really pretty good especially if you louche it but we aren’t allowed to call it absinthe because it has a brandy base or something and because it’s made in the Midwest I think. 

I mean, i feel like the Brandy base makes it...a green brandy or something.  That seems fair?

Isn't the whole point of Absinthe, that it comes from some completely different and kinda dangerous base stock?

On 04/02/2020 at 3:27 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Relatively low abv at 5.2, but legit the best porter I’ve ever had (admittedly not something I drink a ton of)

18th-Street-Fox-And-The-Hunter-Porter-Ca

Is the depiction on the can a foxtail, or a ****in' orange Cleveland Browns fan Aardvark though?

Edited by Tugboat
  • Like 1

I mean, i did a 24 day advent calendar of craft beers, and my fav was honestly a light beer.  A nice german style pilsener that was honestly...not actually light, but i guess just the light version of their full on beer which...if i can find it, i would like to buy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2020 at 11:53 AM, Tugboat said:

I mean, i did a 24 day advent calendar of craft beers, and my fav was honestly a light beer.  A nice german style pilsener that was honestly...not actually light, but i guess just the light version of their full on beer which...if i can find it, i would like to buy.

yeah, its what bud or miller should be.

pilsners have been given bad names

Edited by Malfatron

9 hours ago, Malfatron said:

yeah, its what bud or miller should be.

pilsners have been given bad names

Heh, you think pilseners have been given a bad name in the states?

Try Canada, where Molson brews a budget beer distributed pretty much nationwide labelled and branded only as, "Pilsner".  And it's basically on that Bud/Miller tier.  It's a disaster tbh.

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Heh, you think pilseners have been given a bad name in the states?

Try Canada, where Molson brews a budget beer distributed pretty much nationwide labelled and branded only as, "Pilsner".  And it's basically on that Bud/Miller tier.  It's a disaster tbh.

It's the same here. Miller advertises that it's a Pils, so that's what people think a Pils is.

A good Pils is a great beer. It's on the lighter side, but still has a lot of flavor. Some of the German ones are great, and there's a few American that are really good too. If you can find it, try out Oskar Blues Mama's Little Yella Pils. It's not totally a traditional style, but a great beer to sit and drink.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrDrew said:

It's the same here. Miller advertises that it's a Pils, so that's what people think a Pils is.

A good Pils is a great beer. It's on the lighter side, but still has a lot of flavor. Some of the German ones are great, and there's a few American that are really good too. If you can find it, try out Oskar Blues Mama's Little Yella Pils. It's not totally a traditional style, but a great beer to sit and drink.

A good pilsener is legit the perfect beer imo.  It's got depth of flavour, but it's still easy drinking and i can have a dozen if the sporting event runs long.

It's not hard to drink.  It's not heavy.  It's not bitter.  But it still has a flavour.  It's just a darn good beer.  It's just perfectly balanced for a good day's drinkin'.

• 2 weeks later...