Alcohol Thread!

Glen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 11:59 PM, beekay414 said:

New Glarus is such a great brewery for Wisconsin. Spotted Cow gets all the buzz but Moon Man is by far their best "domestic" beer. Love this stuff.

I miss Black Top. It was one of 2 black IPAs that I really really enjoyed.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@LETSGOBROWNIES @Dome @ET80 or anyone else, any recommendations for online bourbon and/or scotch ordering?

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Only online ordering I do is local/regional. Total Wines and More has everything I need, but I think it's regional to TX/LA/OK...

I’ve never ordered online, I live 3 blocks from a Total Wine and More and just do my shopping there 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

@LETSGOBROWNIES @Dome @ET80 or anyone else, any recommendations for online bourbon and/or scotch ordering?

Have you looked at the state laws yet? Each state is different. Some states only allow for direct from the distillery/brewery/winery, other allow from stores. There's even some fun ones that only allow direct from the distillery, but don't allow you to buy from anywhere that didn't come from a distributor. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrDrew said:

Have you looked at the state laws yet? Each state is different. Some states only allow for direct from the distillery/brewery/winery, other allow from stores. There's even some fun ones that only allow direct from the distillery, but don't allow you to buy from anywhere that didn't come from a distributor. 

I’m thankful we have common sense legislation like this looking out for our collective wellbeing.

Whew.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, MrDrew said:

I know some places ship here in Ohio, but can we talk about how utterly ridiculous these laws are? 

14 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Nah, I get everything local.

wine.com for wine if that helps?

I buy local as well, but it just came down to me wanting more Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace, Blantons, Weller, etc since I can rarely find it.

51 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I know some places ship here in Ohio, but can we talk about how utterly ridiculous these laws are? 

I buy local as well, but it just came down to me wanting more Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace, Blantons, Weller, etc since I can rarely find it.

The Party Source if you’re bored one day?

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The Party Source if you’re bored one day?

I’m trying to figure out how to get a trip organized for a tour of the Buffalo Trace distillery and make a run on the gift shop while I’m there to stock up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

As crazy as this sounds, Ohio is one of the easier ones to ship to. The shipping laws in some states are just "No".

Try Total Wine, Drizzly, or if you want to go out, check Costco.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

It's crazy that you're bordering KY, and those are hard to find. I can walk into almost any liquor store here, and get those.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

t's crazy that you're bordering KY, and those are hard to find. I can walk into almost any liquor store here, and get those.

It's honestly remarkable. Weller used to be really easy to find, but then word spread and now everybody wants it. It's only like $20 a bottle here. Eagle Rare is only $30-$35, but it's super hard to find. Even Buffalo Trace is hard to get, and it's only like $20. I have no idea how it's so hard to come by since I'm only 2 hours from the Buffalo Trace Distillery. Couple that with Ohio's easy laws (as you mentioned), and it's really a head scratcher.