Trade Embiid or Simmons? Or stay the course.

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

Tobias can score in the regular season. It’s not that bad and he’s a solid player. Now in the postseason? That’s another story. But he’s ok..

Als going to be 37 and getting paid 25 Mil. 

Dudes going to be playing 12 Mins per game and getting paid a ish load. No ones taking that. Unless you add a insane amount of picks. 

Tobias adds zero value to a team that has a desire to win. Horford at least shown he can be a cog in multiple playoff teams that have made a run. 

Again, the last year of Horford's deal, he makes less than $15 million. We've seen worse contracts traded alone this season. His is movable.

26 minutes ago, Dr. Philly said:

Tobias adds zero value to a team that has a desire to win. Horford at least shown he can be a cog in multiple playoff teams that have made a run. 

Again, the last year of Horford's deal, he makes less than $15 million. We've seen worse contracts traded alone this season. His is movable.

I just don’t see it 😐 

If the 76ers really are trying to clean house and want to continue to build around Embiid and Simmons, I wonder if they might do this trade?

Hornets Receive:
-Al Horford
-Tobias Harris

Sixers Receive:
-Terry Rozier
-Nicolas Batum
-PJ Washington
-Cody Zeller
-2020 1st Round Pick

Hornets receive some much needed star power and strong veteran leadership. Sixers clear those contracts off their books and open up a ton of cap space for a 3rd star in the (potentially) stacked 2021-2022 free agency class, while still staying a playoff contender next year.

Hornets:
Graham
Monk/Martin
Bridges/Martin
Harris/McDaniels
Horford

Sixers:
Rozier/Milton
Richardson/Thybulle
Simmons/Batum/{Draft Pick}
Washington/Scott
Embiid/Zeller

6 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

If the 76ers really are trying to clean house and want to continue to build around Embiid and Simmons, I wonder if they might do this trade?

Hornets Receive:
-Al Horford
-Tobias Harris

Sixers Receive:
-Terry Rozier
-Nicolas Batum
-PJ Washington
-Cody Zeller
-2020 1st Round Pick

Hornets receive some much needed star power and strong veteran leadership. Sixers clear those contracts off their books and open up a ton of cap space for a 3rd star in the (potentially) stacked 2021-2022 free agency class, while still staying a playoff contender next year.

Hornets:
Graham
Monk/Martin
Bridges/Martin
Harris/McDaniels
Horford

Sixers:
Rozier/Milton
Richardson/Thybulle
Simmons/Batum/{Draft Pick}
Washington/Scott
Embiid/Zeller

i really looked like 5 times to make sure, but who is this Star power Hornets are getting??

7 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

i really looked like 5 times to make sure, but who is this Star power Hornets are getting??

Lol. You don't think Harris and Horford are better than any player currently on the Hornets roster? Moreover, you think they could possibly attract bigger/better players in free agency to Charlotte? 

10 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Lol. You don't think Harris and Horford are better than any player currently on the Hornets roster? Moreover, you think they could possibly attract bigger/better players in free agency to Charlotte? 

No. Horford is a borderline negative asset right now and Tobias has way too big of a contract. Charlotte is just finally about to get out of cap hell with no terrible contracts and this trade would put them right back in it for 4 more years.

Harris would be their best player, but that's not a good reason to make a trade.

20 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

No. Horford is a borderline negative asset right now and Tobias has way too big of a contract. Charlotte is just finally about to get out of cap hell with no terrible contracts and this trade would put them right back in it for 4 more years.

Harris would be their best player, but that's not a good reason to make a trade.

Do you realistically believe Charlotte can smartly develop a contender in the next 4 years solely through draft picks and the types of free agents they are likely to attract?

33 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Do you realistically believe Charlotte can smartly develop a contender in the next 4 years solely through draft picks and the types of free agents they are likely to attract?

No, but what good are Horford and Harris going to do? No guarantee they even make the playoffs with those 2 eating up over half of their cap space, but they won't bottom out either.

And also trading 2 lottery picks? Just no good reason for this trade.

Edited by seminoles1

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

No, but what good are Horford and Harris going to do? No guarantee they even make the playoffs with those 2 eating up over half of their cap space, but they won't bottom out either.

And also trading 2 lottery picks? Just no good reason for this trade.

Yeah I don’t think that trade makes any sense either. Charlotte trading the #3 pick and a rookie that showed promise for two negative assets would be absolutely terrible. They take on more salary, lose young pieces, and are still not anywhere close to a contender. 

41 minutes ago, winitall said:

Yeah I don’t think that trade makes any sense either. Charlotte trading the #3 pick and a rookie that showed promise for two negative assets would be absolutely terrible. They take on more salary, lose young pieces, and are still not anywhere close to a contender. 

I disagree. At least in the sense they are not a playoff contender with that roster. In hindsight, maybe the lottery pick is unnecessary to facilitate this trade. However, if the Hornets were the 10th seed this year w/ their current roster, and both the 7th and 8th seeds had losing records, I don't see how they don't at least get the 8th seed in the east with Horford and Harris. Hell, if they keep that draft pick and are able to land a player like Edwards, that is a SIGNIFICANTLY improved team from last year.